宁静的威尼斯

来源: Francine 2022-06-18 10:32:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3166 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Francine ] 在 2022-06-18 11:25:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

“The equipment is a bit outdated. But with some direction, I get by,”  Bones found the gym deeply hidden away by the winding canals and alleyways of Venice almost as soon as we arrived yesterday.  “Have a good work-out and I will meet you and Chubby in a little bit,” I turn around from the sun-washed centuries-old courtyard.  

I go on my exploration, targeting eventually Campo di Ghetto Nuovo near the northern edge of Venice.  The plan: after Bones’ workout, he will go back to the hotel to clean up and set out with Chubby to meet me for lunch.  I must have crossed 100 bridges and islands all the while taking in the sights, the sounds, the colors, and the motions of water.  All before the tourists have a chance to come out in droves to storm the place.  

We manage to find each other in the mid-day mass of tourists.  “I need real food,” Chubby chafes at my suggestion of pastries for lunch as we survey the restaurants and cafes lining the streets.  “Not a sit-in restaurant.  A panini will do,”  She offers. “Let’s find a salad place.  Unfortunately there are not too many of those places,”  Bones suggests we back track to the place he saw.  “Up to you guys.  I just need a cold drink more than anything else.”  

After patrolling up and down the town center a few times, we seat ourselves at a table under the umbrella.  Our peculiar dietary preferences on that day set us apart from the rest of the tourists and thus the eateries of their choice.  Oceans of humanity, overwhelmingly young, flow by us.  I give Bones and Chubby a grateful look for being willing to join us on this trip.  “Ma, this is definitely the place to people watch.”  They are correct.  In the bustling town center, we sit and quietly enjoy each other’s company.  Until we need to go and find my husband.  

所有跟帖: 

问好!等我歇下来了,再追你的小说。 -Francine- 给 Francine 发送悄悄话 Francine 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2022 postreply 11:47:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”