ZT “Teen Time” by Rick Friday

来源: yude 2022-05-17 15:18:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2419 bytes)

"These are the best days of your life and they are gone before you know it.  Take time to be a teen, before time takes you. "

Teen Time  

Each year when schools let out for summer I am reminded of the carefree days of my distant past. Oh lord, did I have it made. There was no air conditioning in our school and we were never let out of school because it was too hot. However, the windows and doors were open to help cool down the rooms and the smell and feel of summer was alluring and very distracting. We had a dress code and shorts were prohibited and shirts and dresses had to cover the shoulders. I don’t remember anyone complaining about the heat, we just wanted the school year to be over so our summer could begin. That feeling of freedom from bells and whistles and books and halls was exhilarating.

When school was out so were the lines of communication, therefore, teenagers would spend every weekend during the summer congregating on the square in the town of Afton socializing and planning. Those that weren't standing or sitting in a social circle on the square were driving around it in classic cars of the culture. Music could be heard roaring from a car stereo parked near the crowd and usually a small group would be throwing frisbees in the park or standing in line to use the pay phone. There would be some weekend nights we would not leave the park until curfew and other evenings we would parade to Creston to catch the 9 o’clock movie or dine at the Lil’ Duffer or A&W. Then we’d cruise around Creston until rival teens would chase us out of town.

It’s a wonderful feeling to have time on your side and to not worry about what tomorrow will bring and that maybe, just maybe, money does grow on trees. It’s the only time in your life where you really should feel entitled and you can fail and still feel like a champion. This is the time when there is no stress in uncertainty, in responsibility or finances. It’s a time of broken hearts, secrets and relationships that will last a lifetime. These are the best days of your life and they are gone before you know it.  Take time to be a teen, before time takes you. 

Best of luck to the graduating class of 2022. 

Rick Friday

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”