老大的习作: Donald Trump: the Viral Virus

来源: SwiperTheFox 2020-04-30 16:23:44 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9061 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ SwiperTheFox ] 在 2020-04-30 16:28:59 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

学校上课要求写个Op Ed.  平心而论,由于是怒发冲冠一气呵成,没怎么雕琢, 从文笔上讲不是老大最好的习作。  不过论证直击要害: 川普根本不关心在美华人的死活与福祉。 

It’s no secret that Donald Trump is obnoxious and often offensive.  But recent events have shown that sometimes what he says is racist, irresponsible, and even dangerous.

During the coronavirus pandemic, Trump has repeatedly used the phrase “Chinese Virus” on Twitter, which ended up being very controversial.  

In a survey of the students in teacher xxxxxx’s first period English class, 86.7% agreed that it was racist of Trump to call the virus the “Chinese virus.”  

Of course, some people believe that it’s not necessarily racist or harmful to label it so.

But the effect is simple: Trump is fanning the flames of anti-Asian sentiment in America.  Because the coronavirus originated in China, many Chinese Americans have found the blame placed on them, and the environment around them has turned hostile.

xxxxx , a student at xxxxx Middle School, stated, “I have seen people I know have racist insults and blame for COVID hurled at them.  [Trump] calling corona ‘the Chinese Virus’ has only encouraged racists and perpetuated the scapegoat established by angry, uninformed Americans.

The escalating hate against Asians isn’t only taking the form of verbal harassment.  According to CBS News, an Asian American teenager in San Francisco was attacked by bullies who accused him of having the coronavirus, and he was later sent to the hospital.

When the effects of his words were brought to his attention, did Trump show any concern about what was happening to his people?  Not a single bit.  He claimed that since Chinese officials had alleged that the virus came from America, he needed people to remember that it came from China.  

I took away a very clear message from this: He doesn’t care about us.  He doesn’t care!  He doesn’t even care that a person was assaulted over this.  

Donald Trump does not give a single crap about the well-being of Chinese Americans.

You might say that since the outbreak began in China, it’s accurate to call coronavirus the Chinese virus.  But its name is coronavirus.  The disease is COVID-19.  You can call it that.  Those are its actual names.  Calling it anything else is unnecessary and doing what Trump did is irresponsible and stupid.

The way Trump insisted on labeling the virus as Chinese almost seems like he was trying to shift blame onto others.  It’s incredibly immature to be playing the blame game when people are dying by the thousands, don’t you think?

Being the President of the United States is a very big deal.  As President, you’d probably want to set a good example for your people.  The whole country looks to you to do the right thing.

What kind of example is Trump trying to set?  What does he want us to do?  What does he want us to think?  

Well, I’ll tell you what I think.  Trump is ignorant and childish at best, racist and bigoted at worst.  

Is this really the person we want as our President?

所有跟帖: 

寫的不錯 也讓牛蛙寫一篇前論 評一下土共是怎麽甩鍋美帝的? -violinpiano- 给 violinpiano 发送悄悄话 (177 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 16:31:24

谢谢; 问过了, 回复 -SwiperTheFox- 给 SwiperTheFox 发送悄悄话 SwiperTheFox 的博客首页 (130 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 16:36:58

問的是對土共這做法的評論 不是再一次的評床鋪啊 -violinpiano- 给 violinpiano 发送悄悄话 (177 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 19:51:55

哈哈哈 -加州阳光123- 给 加州阳光123 发送悄悄话 加州阳光123 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 16:37:58

写得不错 -tibuko- 给 tibuko 发送悄悄话 tibuko 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 17:34:06

谢谢 -SwiperTheFox- 给 SwiperTheFox 发送悄悄话 SwiperTheFox 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2020 postreply 19:03:35

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”