不要再bitter 了吧!:)

来源: gohokie 2017-06-25 18:01:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2164 bytes)
回答: 3Elysees2017-06-25 17:45:39

From cc :

I have been following this interesting thread for a while. It is good to know different opinions about the school my daughter is going to attend and the one she chose two years before graduating from HS. She was accepted in EA, and being one of the best students in her class (in the 3%, or less. Her school does not rank, but the top eight students were announced, her being among them), and after seeing the college acceptances of her group, I could tell that it is very likely that she could be accepted in any other school if she would have applied EA. However she did EA in Chicago (she was accepted in 7 schools (RD), Columbia, Cornell, UPenn, Duke, Vanderbilt, UMichigan and UVA). Why UChicago? I wrote a thread explaining that decision with detail, but in fewer words I can say that UChicago did a great job of making her feel like they REALLY wanted her: personal hand-written cards from the AO, merit scholarship, emails, etc, etc. On the other hand, the other important reason that was crucial for her decision was the location. She would not survive in a school located in the middle of nowhere. Having a city like Chicago as close as it is, is impossible to beat. The possibilities for internships, jobs, cultural life: concerts, museums, amazing restaurants, are all important aspects as well (at least for her). The widely criticized marketing has worked pretty well because every person I know that visited the university, after receiving cards, posters with spectacular pictures (me included), could not believe her eyes once there. UChicago was not properly known. That is why the school has had a "meteoric rise". Many people simply don't know the beauty of the architecture, the breathtaking campus, its amazing people (students, teachers, employees), the housing system (parallel to only Yale), convenient location, modern dorms and the academic rigor (she will do Econ and Poli Sci).

One of the best things about UChicago is that it has nothing to do with Harvard. UChicago is unique and I don't think that anybody there wants to emulate HPY. At least, I hope not.

所有跟帖: 

3 -Elysees- 给 Elysees 发送悄悄话 Elysees 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2017 postreply 18:27:26

你呀!你女儿去的学校今年去的孩子真的都是自带马达的美国家庭优秀孩子,她读书的环境会非常好。 -小团圆- 给 小团圆 发送悄悄话 (320 bytes) () 06/26/2017 postreply 06:32:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”