精英vs贵族, Elite vs. Elitism

来源: yude 2016-11-22 13:35:02 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1579 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ yude ] 在 2016-11-22 14:07:31 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I am not a “精英”, far, far, far from it.   I am not anti 精英 either.   Being elite is a wonderful thing.  I am all for being elite, but I do object being an elitist or elitism.

Last night, I read an WXC article that has lots of likes.   There was a rage about “精英” this and “精英” that.  I could tell that the author intends to claim not being part of the  精英 group. However, I could sense “精英” between the lines.  It is very similar to all other similar articles in stating  how they are right in predicting the eventual election result (in their favor), and how they are a member of integrated mainstream society, how they pity the common folks in the red States, how they shed tears in reading about the working poor with two or three jobs, miserable life of rednecks, how they are not part of a “精英”, how they are proud of their American values and how they are proud in teaching their kids to not be a part of  “精英”, most of all, how they could not discuss important things with the poor or uneducated because these folks are too hungry for material things.

During the height of “Back to China” wave, discussion about “贵族” this and “贵族” that can be found everywhere in WXC.  It seems like that every other mainland Chinese person interested in going back to China is after the 贵族 life style.

所有跟帖: 

看两遍,还是不知道LZ想说啥:) --百科-- 给 -百科- 发送悄悄话 -百科- 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2016 postreply 14:28:48

贵族语言? -545f- 给 545f 发送悄悄话 545f 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2016 postreply 14:33:46

Good point! -我爱拉氏- 给 我爱拉氏 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2016 postreply 14:35:38

楼主英文很好。我其实看明白了。就是吐槽左派精英人士。有点绕。 -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2016 postreply 14:42:53

也不太明白作者到底要说什么。但作为一个“反精英”特别是反所谓“贵族”的人,我觉得 -N.- 给 N. 发送悄悄话 N. 的博客首页 (131 bytes) () 11/22/2016 postreply 15:03:47

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”