Content and Simple Happiness

来源: yude 2016-11-11 12:52:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1140 bytes)

My happiness is simple, very simple. When my kids were very young, I worked two jobs during the winter months. Over the weekends, I worked graveyard shifts.  I am dog-tired when I come home in the early morning, and everyone is still asleep.   In the late morning while I am in the middle of my sleep, I could hear my kids whispering to each other while they watch cartoons, or play games on my bed.  They could be quiet for only so long. Sometimes, they would giggle and laugh out loud, sometimes, the young one would jump up and down on me because of excitement on TV, the older one tries to stop the young one from jumping so not to wake me up.  

When it is time for me to wake up and get up, the older one would yell “Dad, wake up. Sleeping head, wake up”, the young one would jump up and down and mimic the same "sleeping head, sleeping head”.   That was my alarm clock, music to my ears. Sometimes, the young one would literally whisper "sleeping head" to my ears to wake me.   Now, I have to use a real alarm clock.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”