MIT从不审看高中生的Facebook等社交网络

来源: 2z 2015-11-24 14:30:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2279 bytes)

According to Chris Peterson, assistant director of MIT Admissions, his office never looks at candidates’ social media accounts, and even tries to avoid Googling applicants for undergraduate admission unless there is a need to corroborate a claim or clarify an inconsistency in the electronic application.

“Sites like Facebook are designed to be a community … not designed to be a spying tool for Big Brother,” he wrote. “To use them as the latter is, in my opinion, not terribly ethical. We at MIT love having a completely transparent admissions process. It mirrors the openness of MIT’s culture and we feel that it helps to reduce stress. … But not all schools share this view — many feel that applicants should not be privy to what goes on in admissions office.”

Peterson guessed that most colleges don’t actively “stalk” their applicants on social media simply because of the bulk of the candidate pool.

Student athlete Cailey Talbot ’19 agreed. “If admissions officers can barely skim the essays of thousands of applicants, I don’t know how they can look up students on Facebook,” she said. “The exception would be recruited athletes — they represent the school and could jeopardize the team if they aren’t maintaining a positive image, so I understand why some coaches and admissions officers may look at their social media accounts.”

While discretion is still advisable when it comes to social media — whether you’re worried about future employers or just teachers you’ve friended — applicants can rest assured that MIT won’t be looking.

According to the Kaplan Test Prep survey, 87 percent of colleges used Facebook to identify target audiences and recruit students in 2012. 千万不要盲信Kaplan等所谓的中介。

来源:http://groups.wenxuecity.com/groups/bbs.php?act=bbsview&gid=1199&basecode=1011055

所有跟帖: 

如果招生透明的话,就有办法对付。 -money4ivy- 给 money4ivy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2015 postreply 15:16:39

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”