全家一起看的电影: 子熊故事

来源: 波城冬日 2015-08-23 13:08:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3231 bytes)

A Great Family Movie: The Bear
―"The greatest thrill is not to kill but to let live"
    James Oliver Curowood

last night, my daughter ‘s suggestion got approved and four of us  have watched a 1988 movie The Bear《子熊故事》. The story was originated from the American author James Oliver Curowood's novella The Grizzly King published in 1916. The book was based on several trips he took to British Columbia, and the young hunter, called Jim in the book, is based on Curwood himself.

Initially, I thought the movie is just one kind of cute story about wide animals, but it turns out that the film regarding nature gives us a true essence of the meaning and beauty of life.

The story follows an orphaned bear cub in the wilderness of British Columbia, how he pairs up with an older bear and how they both elude the hunters who are after them.

Throughout  the  whole 90 minutes film, I’ve’ seen  the cub who is forced to learn all the hardships of life first hand and grow to stand up for itself against the vast, relentless world that it lives in. In contrast, the young hunter leaves the mountains a fundamentally changed man by the interactions with both bears.

It was a great escape for me from reality to a world where life makes all the more sense. The movie is very touching, with big emotional power through the cute starring bear cub, the stunning cinematography, and the uplifting music.  I was laughing, crying and despising and completely drained to this almost silent story.

I truly believe that the film has a purpose, to remind viewers how much we as a species have in common with other animals, and to give us a little respect for life other than our own. The filmmakers have done a stunning job to show us that animal’ physical actions and expressions of emotion are just as much as any human's.

I enjoyed seeing life through the eyes of the orphaned cub and the breathtaking landscapes. Maybe I'm a sentimental fool, but there were tears in my eyes during the final shot of snow-covered bears' winter den when the bear cub and the adult bear snuggled up to each other in the end.

Hats off to the filmmakers, they have done a great job to enhance the glories of nature!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8YP1ZuPqY

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

确实是部好电影。 -WSLama- 给 WSLama 发送悄悄话 WSLama 的博客首页 (229 bytes) () 08/23/2015 postreply 20:44:13

Thanks. We love animal movies, will get it. -surreal- 给 surreal 发送悄悄话 surreal 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2015 postreply 11:42:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”