Sarah Chang and Hilary Hahn

来源: 洲河 2013-12-22 11:30:28 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2402 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 洲河 ] 在 2013-12-22 11:34:41 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Hilary Hahn was born in 1979, Sarah Chang was born in 1980, both are very famous violinists. When Sarah Chang had become really famous at age 9, Hilary Hahn was still a homeschooler, studied violin and Ballet beyond academics.

The difference is, Hilary Hahn's dad was a librarian, mom worked in Baltimore Gas and Electric Company. She auditioned for Curtis when she was 10, lived with her dad in the apartment, and went back to her mother in Baltimore in weekends,  three years later she became a form enrolled college student of Curtis.

Sarah Chang was majorly taught by her father, (also Dorothy  Delay of course, )her mother studied composing in Uppen. I remember Sarah Chang went to a public high school in New Jersy. She continued her study in Julliard with Dorothy Delay

We listened to both of them in Yourtube intensively, and couldn't differentiate them such as who is better before. However, things are changing at a very fast pace , it seemed to me that Hilary Hahn becomes a lot more compelling figure in recent years, I still remembered people used to praise Sarah Chang a lot in Yourtube but accusing Hilary Hahn as "cold-hearted" etc, the fact is Hilary Hahn produced a lot cleaner sound, with a lot more delicate stage presentation

We went to their concert this year, I was surprised seeing Sarah Chang repeated her kicking playing mendelssohn concerto, as she did when played Bruch Violin Concerto mov 3 in Japan, with the same green dress. We left without standing on the line waiting for signatures. Hilary Hahn had a beautiful black dress with simple jewley, her back looked muscular very beautiful, she paid attention to every note and created a lot of small scences in the music. Her CD was sold out and we had to buy some modern pieces that we knew we would not listen to it.

I am keep wondering why these two ladies developed such a different taste. I know Hilary Hahn loves writing, she must be a good reader too,  her dad had fed her with all these fines books, that is why?

所有跟帖: 

回复:Sarah Chang and Hilary Hahn -壮士- 给 壮士 发送悄悄话 (755 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 11:53:24

是说到最后还是drive更重要?就好象李云迪跟朗朗比,现在就是比较不用功了 -monochrome- 给 monochrome 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 12:04:43

Both are extremely talented, and hard working, -洲河- 给 洲河 发送悄悄话 洲河 的博客首页 (226 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 12:14:03

没必要pitch一个against另一个吧,况且2人根本不在一个低平线上, -kozy- 给 kozy 发送悄悄话 (736 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 13:09:13

pitch against 不他的本意喇,他是想讲他听了喜拉里和米多力,他感到了区别。 -我爱拉氏- 给 我爱拉氏 发送悄悄话 (101 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 13:41:46

功夫在诗外? -Ruoruomom- 给 Ruoruomom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/22/2013 postreply 15:06:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”