Are you really willing to sacrifice so much

来源: 朱珠儿 2011-06-16 10:37:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1853 bytes)
回答: 重组风波 (八)试霜2011-06-16 06:53:15

to seize this opportunity?  You had asked yourself once, but do you have an answer?  Your action so far seems to be natual defensive bahavior.  It is like if another girl approachs your boyfriends you would fight feicely to win him back, even if you wouldn't care much about him otherwise.

From what what you descibed, it is a very demanding position.  It is also several levels above what you are.  What he had warned you about standing up for yourself facing people more senior than you, is a very valid question.  It is not as easy as you had said.  Even if you win every battle, it still would take a toll on your health, your family life...

It is a very rare opportunity.  It will definitely jump start your career - I mean, post-baby post-greencard stage career. However, his evaluation for you is pretty acurate.  He needs somebody that he can use.  If he choose you, you he would have to put time into mentoring you (I assumed this from your posts).  It is not you are not intelligent enough, but, there is somethings you learn only from experiencing it.  You will need 100% dedication, willingness to sacrifice everything, real full support from you boss, and full support from you hu*****and to succeed.  Are you ready for it? 

I admire you that you delivered yourself very well, you kept objectiveness in all your narative. You are very honest to yourself.  I didn't read any pretentiousness anywere.  You are a great person, and a very intelligent and capable girl.  What I wrote was by no means any advice.  It is just my two cents in evaluating your situation.  From reading what you wrote, my guts feeling is that, you boss will make the right decsion...may it be you or not you. 

所有跟帖: 

Very thoughtful and insightful comments! Thank you! -试霜- 给 试霜 发送悄悄话 试霜 的博客首页 (1204 bytes) () 06/16/2011 postreply 11:37:29

It is not what you will get -朱珠儿- 给 朱珠儿 发送悄悄话 (42 bytes) () 06/16/2011 postreply 13:20:46

赞一个,很有见地。 -卡莱- 给 卡莱 发送悄悄话 (67 bytes) () 06/16/2011 postreply 12:11:01

Thanks. -朱珠儿- 给 朱珠儿 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2011 postreply 13:21:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”