内牛满面, 终于有人理解咱们穷人了!!!!

来源: Big_Benz 2010-07-20 08:44:23 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1556 bytes)
送一个孩子上大学可真是不容易啊.

俺永远不会忘记斯坦福的generosity. When I get more money, I will definitely donate them to Stanford. I already purchased a lifetime alumni membership for my DD, so she will continue to do her part per donation.

Last year, she made over $8,000 in summer job. On top of that, we truthly disclosed on CSS that we are paying over $10,000 to U of C for our DS. We were very worried that Stanford will ask us to pay the same amount. It will be just impossible for us 穷人 to pay $20,000 a year.

CSS profile asks a very simple question - "How much do you think you can pay". We put down a number we really can't afford but less than what U of C asks us to pay. I wrote a very emotional letter to Stanford FA office, stating our unusual family situation.

Wife and I cried when we got the FA package last week. Stanford asks us for less than what we put on CSS. Finally, we know we could make it to send two kids to colleges and have food on our table at the same time.

Thank you Stanford. You give us 穷人 机会to 受 the very best 教育. Thank you, thank you.

PS, DD is getting all As in her last couple of quarters.

I know I have said that I will NEVER posy in this forum again. But I felt I owe everyone an update on the FA situation. Stanford promised they will cut our EFC by half when DS is in college. They did better than cut 1/2. DD's last two years at Stanford, including all books, personal expenses, trips home, is essentially all provided for.

所有跟帖: 

都2年了,时间过的真快。预祝你闺女将来N倍回报你们和学校。 -春天里的荠荠菜- 给 春天里的荠荠菜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 08:56:27

CO: 预祝你闺女将来N倍回报你们和学校。一定是个很有出息的孩子。 -篱笆08- 给 篱笆08 发送悄悄话 篱笆08 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 09:09:35

Happy for you! -clipmom- 给 clipmom 发送悄悄话 clipmom 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 09:05:26

大奔乃高手也 -weston- 给 weston 发送悄悄话 weston 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 09:44:28

再恭喜一下,这一下大问题解决了 -weston- 给 weston 发送悄悄话 weston 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 09:45:36

外国人英文这么流畅的,肯定8是穷人。:) -闲着~- 给 闲着~ 发送悄悄话 闲着~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2010 postreply 09:50:15

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”