回复:怎么没有关系?贺案攸关Parental Rights的决定性地位

来源: N. 2008-08-31 00:33:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1354 bytes)
"外嫁离婚时孩子的归属问题" is between biological parents. (Basically, this is just the custody fight in ordinary divorces. BTW, if married to a citizen, 99% chance the spouse, especially the wife, can get green card if there is a child. Only H4 might have the issue regarding where to raise child.)

贺案 is between biological and foster parents. (The Cuban child case does have similarity.)

The fundamental difference is so huge that it is impossible to use 贺案 to help 外嫁离婚时孩子的归属问题.

In US, biological parents right is and has been very well preserved. 贺案 is a beneficiary of this system. Another famous case is the widowed mother refused grandparents visitation.

Legally, I think the final court decision is correct. However, I do believe He Mae is much better off with Bakers. 认法不认情。

贺 is Chinese; Mae is their biological daughter. If 贺 are decent people and have behaved like real parents who care about their daughter's well being, we Chinese will of course support them. Sadly for Mae, they are not.

Whether China is a good place to raise children is not a real issue in the case. (If it is, Elian would not have been returned to Cuba.) The real issue is if 贺 can be good parents. For the sake of Mae and her siblings, I pray they learn their lessons and become good parents.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”