先礼后冰 - when my Son was in trouble

来源: Big_Benz 2007-11-25 12:30:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1937 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Big_Benz ] 在 2007-11-26 11:03:32 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
I think it was in his fifth grade, my son got into trouble. School told us that he was caught cheating in a test. I checked with my son and he said he allowed other students copying his answers. So I was surely upset and wanted to call school's principle.

My wife stopped me and we just went to talk to the teacher. He said that he knew about my son di dnot copy answer from others but the rule apply to everyone involved in the cheating. He further said he gave my son a second chance as long as he wrote an apolozing note. My son wrote something like " it is the teacher's fault that other kids could not do the test". He wrote that"he is doing the teacher a favor to show other kids the right answers". That was why teacher got upset and gave him a 0 on the test.

We of course apologize first and made sure we will get our son to understand his mistake. Then we showed the teacher that my son has never got a B before and it is important to us that he could maintain that straight A.

because we were nice and none confrontational, the teacher worked with us. He change my son's grade to 59, still an F as the rule required. However, with other test scores and his home work, my son still got his A as the average.

The lesson here - understand if your kid is at fault or not. If he/she broke the law/rule, it really does not matter how big or small. It like if a cop pull you over for drive 66 MPH on a 65MPH zone. You will still have to pay a fine.

If your kid made mistake, the #1 thing is to make sure he/she understand what is the problem so it will not happen next time. After that, I will deal with school with politeness. School does not want to have a record that they have any student that was suspended for a semester. If you go with force first, they may response with force. Unless they are >51% at fault, you can't win with force.

Just my $0.02

所有跟帖: 

回复:先礼后冰 - when my Son was in trouble -oldid- 给 oldid 发送悄悄话 (568 bytes) () 11/25/2007 postreply 13:07:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”