谁知道这孩子?Lauren Zhang。 推妈都推到英国去了

来源: 2018-05-13 16:35:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (43737 bytes)

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44103947

BBC Young Musician: Teenage pianist Lauren Zhang wins 2018 title

Lauren Zhang
Image captionThe teenager called her win 'astonishing'

Teenage pianist Lauren Zhang has won the BBC's prestigious Young Musician competition, just days before she starts her GCSEs.

The 16-year-old took the title after playing Prokofiev's challenging Piano Concerto No 2, accompanied the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.

Kerry Andrew, chair of the judging panel, said the performance "left us all breathless".

Lauren beat cellist Maxim Calver and sax player Rob Burton to win the title.

"I'm astonished!" she said after receiving the prize. "I'm pleasantly surprised and I can't believe it.

"The journey, right from the start of the competition, has been incredible."

Lauren ZhangImage copyrightGREG MILNER
Image captionLauren said she 'really enjoyed' her performance in Birmingham's Symphony Hall

Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, she started learning piano at the age of four, and is also an accomplished violinist.

Lauren moved to the UK in 2010, bringing her family with her, after winning a place at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.

She won the BBC Young Musician on home turf - having previously played in Birmingham's Symphony Hall at school concerts.

Although this was her first time playing with a professional orchestra, conductor Mark Wigglesworth had nothing but praise for the youngster.

"When you meet Lauren she seems... I wouldn't say shy, but controlled within herself and very confident about her own personality," he said.

"Then you hear her play and you discover this incredible depth and range of thought and imagination. That's an extraordinary combination."

Media captionGet to know Young Musician finalists Max, Rob and Lauren

Lauren said she chose Prokofiev's second piano concerto because it balanced "lyrical, elegant" melodies with moments that are more "grotesque or bizarre".

In addition, she confessed, it neatly fitted into the final's the 30-minute time limit. Not that it was an easy piece to learn.

"I really had to practise it quite a few times before I could play without stopping in the middle because it was just so difficult," she said.

But speaking on BBC Four after the performance, Lauren said she "really enjoyed playing it".

The BBC Young Musician competition began in 1978, and previous winners - including Nicola Benedetti, Freddy Kempf and Sheku Kanneh-Mason - have gone on to achieve worldwide success.

Having taken the 2018 title, Lauren will now perform at BBC Music's Biggest Weekend in Coventry on 28 May, and also at a special BBC Young Musician 40th anniversary concert at the BBC Proms on 15 July at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

斯坦福工作10年后,她告诉家长养育孩子这3条红线不能碰

美国孩子要看的8000本学科阅读书单里藏着什么秘密?

The Land of Stories紅透全球 90后天才作家代表作

好书推荐:I Survived 系列- 理解灾难,理解历史,还是逃生指南!

《推介》给全职推爸推妈推荐两本爬藤指南书

让孩子爱上阅读,那些必须收藏的儿童经典读物

美国当下最流行的STEM玩具(4-15岁)

350万美国读者票选出:20本今年最受欢迎的书(组图)

推荐适合小朋友看的英文绘本

好书推荐:“All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr

推荐一本历史小书,主要是欧洲史

2015年看的几本书

我在北京雾霾时用这个面具!

强力推荐的一本好书,家长不妨买一本来读读(图)

家有5年级的男娃全家必看的一本书

减少疲劳:给网虫们推荐一样非常适用的东西

一个小小的的detector或许会挽救很多人的生命

正在看一本帮助男孩成长的书,一点笔记

推荐两本新书,应该对孩子的思维很有帮助

给大家推荐一本书 希望培养孩子研究科学的家长看

推荐Wordly Wise 3000的书

犹太推儿经:看到B-,犹爸会不会怒发冲kipa?

强烈推荐给大人孩子都要读:高效能孩子的七个习惯

推荐一本家有 Teenager 的好书

想知道如何进理想大学?推荐二本书,很有帮助

有关孩子阅读,介绍一套相当不错的书

推荐一本书 Gifted Lives by Joan Freeman

所有跟帖: 

新墨西哥的。为了学钢琴,全家搬去英国啊。 -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 greenoasis 的个人群组 (0 bytes) () 05/13/2018 postreply 16:55:22

这是铁了心要走pro路子了。好难好难的 -musicbeginner- 给 musicbeginner 发送悄悄话 musicbeginner 的个人群组 (0 bytes) () 05/13/2018 postreply 17:12:55

得了英国大奖。关注。将来成了大明星,我可以说我早知道的。LOL -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 greenoasis 的个人群组 (0 bytes) () 05/13/2018 postreply 17:14:06

看采访视频,门牙应该去整整,可是照片看着还好。 -TYTOU- 给 TYTOU 发送悄悄话 TYTOU 的博客首页 TYTOU 的个人群组 (0 bytes) () 05/13/2018 postreply 17:32:22

正常上学,碰巧赢了,正在整牙,谢谢 -datuzi- 给 datuzi 发送悄悄话 datuzi 的个人群组 (0 bytes) () 05/21/2018 postreply 01:41:32

加跟帖:

• 笔名:      密码: 保持登录状态一个月,直到我退出登录。
  • 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]
回到顶部