宝贝天使小女儿, 写给无忧的信

来源: 2023-01-02 17:19:13 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

宝贝天使小女儿,梦梦,乘飞机刚刚到了大学校园。
今年圣诞新年,梦梦指令无忧,要在她到大学的那时刻,阅读她在圣诞新年时,写给无忧的信。
请不要置顶,这里的朋友们分享一下就是了。

Meng Meng,

Hope you had a pleasant and safe trip back to school.

I am so happy that we had a very cheerful Christmas and New Year together. I am glad that you like the new X5.

I greatly appreciate the beautiful letter you wrote to me, the best Christmas gift I received this Christmas.  Your beautiful words touched me.  Please share more with me at your convenience. You make me better and better. I’m still very young. I have a lot to accomplish.   And I will. Your sharing is critical to me. I love new ideas from you, from your friends and from your school.

Let’s learn from each other, help each other, and get better together.

Time flies! I am looking forward to your graduation day. Mommy and I will fully support your career seeking. Whatever you do, Mommy and I will support you.  I am very positive that you will be great. You have a great and promising future.

Love

Dad

.................................................................................................

Dear Dad,

Hi, it’s Meng Meng. I truly cringe at that nickname, but I know you cherish it and I hope that you can appreciate that I used it in this letter. Anyways, let’s begin.

You’ve been asked me, “Meng Meng, Am I the best dad in the world?” The answer of course, is yes.  However, what I haven’t told you is that there will never be enough words to describe how amazing of a father you are.  You have been and always will be my number one fan.  Every day, you wake up with a wide small on your face, ready to handle any challenges that come our way.  That same smile continues on throughout the day and never wavers- even when you go to bed and performance your routine of saying “Goodnight, Meng Meng! I love You!” 

You have always been there to make me laugh, tell a silly dad joke, or pretend that I am the smartest person you have ever met (personally, I think it is mom). And even when I’m 609.7 miles away from you in my university.  I know that you are always by my side, cheering me on.  It is truly those little things in life that make you the best dad.

I know you sometimes try to prove it to me by offering me rides, food, even a car; and while I am eternally thankful for everything you have given me, the truth is that you could hand me a tiny rock and I would be more than happy, proud and thankful to call you my dad.  Because above all the materialistic items you have provided me with, you have given me endless amount of love, support, and laughter-things I would never give up for anything in the world.  You are undoubtedly the most caring person I have ever met, and there has never been a doubt in my mind as to whether you are the best dad; you are. 

In the past, you’ve asked me whether my friends think I look like you.  While most of them say yes, I want to consider our similarities that go beyond our appearances.  You are extremely driven, hard-working, and dedicated; qualities that make you stand out against any candidate you’ve ever run up against in a job position.  But more significantly, however, they are the characteristics that you have given to me.

Throughout my college career, you have motived me to work hard in school and to always ask questions if I have any.  Moreover, you’ve taught me the importance of balance and using my time at my university to explore my passions, meet new people, and enjoy my life. I know I like to remind you that I’m a grown adult, but I will always be your little girl.  And as you young daughter, just know that I hope to be as successful, supportive, and amazing of a person as you are.  You have given me the world and I’m so happy that the world has given me you. 

I love you forever and always Dad!

Meng Meng