儿子的一句话让我整夜无法入睡

来源: 2010-12-22 10:47:01 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
天气预报说星期一晚上它将有一场大雪.  到6:00 PM 左右,儿子看了窗外, 雪在哪里?
"Why do you care?" I asked.  "Because I want to shove snow to make some spending $." Son replied.  That, really  really hit me hard. He just had a rather extensive surgery and the swelling are still there. 
We could barely pay our part of both children's school bills [(the total coa = financial aid + parent contribution + student W/S + student summer earnings + student assests + loan (if qualify)].  They have to work to pay everything else, such as books, clothes, tickets between home/school, expenses for social events, and their part of school bills. 
DS worked the whole summer before going to college.  He has a W/S job on campus but that only pays him about $9/hour.  He also participated in many opinion survey or trials on campus to make a couple $$ here or there.  Unless he gets another good summer job, he will have a hard time making his contibution to the school bill. 
I wished we were rich that we could pay the full tuition and give DS some spending $ each month. 

PS.  I was beyond words when I first saw DD's school bill for winter quarter.  It was too generous to be true.  I contact the related people and found out there was a mistake.