You are the few parents here

来源: 2004-12-15 09:40:53 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
who really know what education really means. Sorry for those who don't agree with this message. I am not trying to insult and belittle anyone. I just feel this is a great message. High score is very important and it is also very good to be good at school. It is great to go to a great university. But that’s not all. And the most important is that we should train kids with a trust, responsible, positive, active, aggressive, pleasant, cheerful and sociable personality and character, which I don’t believe that many Chinese American parents pay enough attention to. Be open and friendly to many different people like Americans of whites, blacks, Koreans, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, Hispanics, not just to Chinese. Be open and active in other fields not just academic. Be ready to accept different but helpful ideas and cultures. I guess these are even more important than academic to our kids. After all, after college, one does not live on his/her diploma forever but his/her skills, capability and sociability, which should be paid attention even from kindergartens.