【听歌练听力】 Forever Young (Here's the answer)

来源: 2021-06-23 06:39:23 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

One of my most favorite songs and one of my most favorite artists, "Forever Young" is a song by British singer-songwriter Rod Stewart.

Below is what I borrowed from Wikipedia. Can't we all relate to what Stewart said? Before we realize, our kids will grow up and we will grow old. Wouldn't it be so great if we could all stay "forever young"? Hope you enjoy this song just like I do. 

Stewart wrote the song with two of his band members: guitarist Jim Cregan and keyboardist Kevin Savigar. Stewart told Mojo magazine in 1995 that he considered "Forever Young" to be one of his favourite songs and the reason for writing it was, "I love 'Forever Young', because that was a real heartfelt song about my kids. I suddenly realized I'd missed a good five years of Sean and Kimberly's life because I was so busy touring all the time. With these kids now I don't make that mistake -- I take them on tour with me, so I can watch them grow up. So that's another favourite. Unfortunately, it wasn't a big hit in England, but it's like a national anthem here [America]."[4]

May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.
And my you grow to be proud, dignified and true.
And do unto others as you'd have done to you.
Be courageous and be brave.
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever young. (Forever young)

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong,
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.
And may you never love in vain.
And in my heart you will remain
Forever young. Forever young

And when you fin'lly fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well.
For all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell.
But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you win or lose,
Forever young. Forever young