回复:shuttle会花掉不少时间。我对Alamo感觉还好

来源: lvtotravel 2005-07-19 14:40:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3336 bytes)
回答: Booked National. Avoid AlamoLvtotravel2005-07-19 12:40:38
10 miles into down from airport - courtesy call from airport. probably 20min to 30min difference. Not a biggie.

Thrifty for the same class (Stratus vs Grand Am) is about $25 higher, not a big deal, but I am waiting for Budget to lower its rate.

National is backup right now. When I first checked, EVERYONE was at a very high rate and now 3 came down, a lot. So I hope in next few weeks the other companies will lower their rates.

Alamo - 2 times we rented from them, the gas tank was less than 1/2 full, but was marked full. The last time from LAX was really bad, gas tank was only 1/4 full. We did not realize it until we were already on Freeway, about 10 miles out. We were very upset so we went right back to Alamo place and reasoned with them. First it took a long time to get to talk to CS. Then when we told the guy the problem, he acted as it was a routine matter. From the whole process we felt that it was a general practice - they deliberately did that, if you did not catch it on time, you are cheated by almost a full tank of gas. When we returned the car, despite the notes in the computer regarding this problem, the agent was deliberately slowing the return process and very reluctantly to give us credit back. Very very bad attitude. May be this is just LAX. However I have read about on several places people complained about Alamo's practice. Alamo mainly cater for tourists and in LAX we saw virtually all customers were tourists, with a big portion of them are foreigners - foreigners probably wont bother to argue with them if they were cheated by a tank of gas, or they would buy the expensive tank of gas when they rented.

Our usual rental choices are Budget, Dollar (they usually are the cheapest in CA) and Hertz which sometimes had great deals. Hertz caters to coraporates hence their high rates but they also have much better services. Hertz is the only rental company the attendant asks you is the gas tank full when you leave their parking lot. On our trip this May, 8 day rental at SAN, Budget was only $5.00 cheaper than Hertz when everything was said and done. (We took a cab from cruiseship terminal to airport to pick up the car. Hertz paid taxi fare Budget did not). We got a Mazda 6 (upgrade) from Hertz vs a Ford Focus from Budget which is also at a less convenient location than Hertz.

We dont like Avis as Avis rates are articially high due to there are numerous Avis discount codes floating all over the place. Give you an example - Avis is the only major has an office at Skaway, Alaska. It is also a seasonal office only. Anyway, the rack rate for a midsize (the typical car available there) is $70+ a day. With discount codes it came down to anywhere $60 to $55. With a unique discount code it came down to $44. People even google Avis discount codes on the web ! How in the world I know what the "best" discount code to use on Avis rental ? Also, your country of residence also makes a big difference on Avis. Way too complicated to get a fair deal with them. Unless there is no other choice, like in Alaska, I would not even consider Avis.

Good thing is, rental car reservation can be changed up to the last day. It pays to check the rate often up until the day you pick up the car. So you can always have a backup first.

所有跟帖: 

难道是加州民风不正?我总共租过十次都没麻烦(三次在加州) -ppzcgg- 给 ppzcgg 发送悄悄话 ppzcgg 的博客首页 (18 bytes) () 07/20/2005 postreply 06:39:18

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”