猫班提到土生土长温哥华人对多温的比较,感觉很有道理;翻译了一下贴过来

来源: 巴黎到罗马 2023-06-02 17:23:37 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9205 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 巴黎到罗马 ] 在 2023-06-02 17:28:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

我在这两个城市都住过,所以我对这个话题有很多话可以说。温哥华长大、多伦多生活了一年、然后又回温哥华,现在仍然经常去多伦多工作和拜访朋友。尽管许多人将它们进行比较,但它们并没有真正的可比性——它们是截然不同的生活方式。我个人在温哥华更快乐,因为我是一个彻头彻尾的西海岸人——但多伦多是一个不可思议的城市:它更有活力、更有文化,以及总体上良好的氛围。令人惊奇的是,您可以探索这座城市多年,并且仍然每天都能发现令人兴奋或新鲜的新事物。它有很多不同的社区,充满活力、生活和秘密有待发现。社交方面人们更加开放:多伦多人希望每个人都参与其中,即使他们只是认识你。相比之下,温哥华人冷漠、爱挑剔、封闭且不太喜欢社交。多伦多人提议活动计划时,他们是认真的;而在温哥华,任何事情的计划都不是真正的计划,可以随心所欲地放弃甚至虚构。
到了晚上,多伦多充满生机和活力,温哥华无法比拟。夏天去过 Ossington 或 College 或 Queen West 吗?OMG!与温哥华举办过的最好的城市夏季节日相比,多伦多平时周末晚上的活动、兴奋和热爱生活的人们更多。
温哥华是地球上最美丽的城市之一。它提供了很多东西,我很高兴住在这里,也很自豪来自这里,没有哪个地方能更好地融合自然和城市生活,但它确实是一个内向的城市,人们坚持自己的小部落或社交圈,任何行业中的一切都是有关卡。多伦多想要拥抱人们并包容他们;他们也比温哥华更重视工作文化和日常工作,但在晚上,他们知道如何放松。温哥华人可以整天在海滩上抽大麻、晚上 11 点前就睡了。
这两个令人难以置信的城市都位于一个令人敬畏的国家,但在人们社交和享受生活的方式以及他们所看重的方面却大相径庭。温哥华让人瞬间坠入爱河,然后当人们意识到它是多么缺乏个性时,人们往往会慢慢地失恋。多伦多在表面上并没有那么漂亮,但随着您对她的了解越多,您就会爱上她的余生。
这些显然都是概括,但我坚信是真正感受。如果您决定尝试一下多伦多,并且您是那种热爱真正城市的人,我保证您不会后悔。
PS:也请不要称它“温(Van)”,这样说会让一个真正的温哥华人心死;这是我们奇特的内向门卫文化的一部分,他们(我们)会这样判断你、即使他们什么也不说。

I've lived in both cities so I have a lot to say on this subject. Vancouver most of my life, Toronto for a year, then back to Vancouver. Still travel to Toronto often for work and to visit friends. They're not really comparable although many people compare them - they offer completely different things and cater to very different lifestyles. I'm happier in Vancouver personally because I'm a west coast human through and through - but Toronto is an incredible city. It has so much more energy, culture, just good vibes in general. It is amazing how you can explore the city for years and still find new things that are exciting or new every day. It has so many diverse neighborhoods just bustling with energy and life and secrets to be discovered. People are much more open and social, Torontonians want to include everyone in everything, even if they just met you. Vancouver people are cold, clicky, closed-off and quite anti-social in comparison. In Toronto when someone makes plans, they really mean it. Versus Vancouver where plans for anything are never really plans and can be dropped or even ghosted on a whim.

At night Toronto just bursts at the seams with life and vibrancy. Vancouver has nothing that compares in the slightest. Ever been on Ossington or College or Queen West in the summer? Good lord. An average Friday or Saturday night has more action, excitement and people loving life than even the best city summer festivals Vancouver has ever put on.

Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities on Earth. It has a lot to offer, I'm very happy to live here and proud to be from here, no place blends nature and urban living better, but it's really a city of introverts and people who stick to their own small tribe or social circle. Everything in any industry is gate-kept and made inaccessible by design. Toronto wants to embrace people and include them. They also value work culture and the daily grind a lot more than Vancouver which is the complete opposite. But at night they know how to get loose. Vancouverites get stoned on the beach all day and are in bed by 11pm.

Both incredible cities in an awesome country to live in, but couldn't be more different in terms of how people socialize and enjoy life, and what they value. Vancouver makes people fall in love instantly, then slowly often people fall out of love when they realize how lacking in personality it is. Toronto isn't nearly as pretty on the surface, but it's the girl you fall in love with for the rest of your life the more you get to know her.

These are all obviously generalizations but I stand by them. If you make the decision to give Toronto a try and you're the type of person who loves a real city, I promise you won't regret it.

PS: also please don't call it 'Van' nothing makes a real Vancouverite die inside more than hearing a transplant call the city this. It’s part of our weird introverted gate keepy culture but it's a real thing they(us) will judge you for even if they don't say anything about it.

所有跟帖: 

温哥华我不敢说,但此人对多伦多的感受和我相似:多伦多族裔社区多、各族裔(从爱尔兰到意大利希腊乌克兰到… -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (246 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 17:25:16

此人对温哥华负面评价居多,但是还是选择在温哥华生活,说明温哥华让人留恋的东西也很多。此人只提到了温哥华的美丽以及… -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (245 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 17:26:11

难得有关于温哥华的帖子, 找回密码参与一下。 -林依- 给 林依 发送悄悄话 林依 的博客首页 (578 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 22:46:47

有道理。那个人对温哥华可能是爱之深恨之切LOL -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (209 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 07:46:30

温哥华有山有海,自然条件好太多了。多伦多虽然也临水,但是大部分是平地,这个给人的气质的潜移默化是不同的。 -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 00:12:53

温哥华是一个更适合华人生活的美丽中型城市,如江南般温惋, 多伦多是大城市,各种活动更多,人口多 -Vaseline123- 给 Vaseline123 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 06:20:19

新鲜到温哥华总会有个蜜月期,住久了就可像我一样横挑鼻子竖挑眼,习惯就好了。商界政界总想改变温哥华的resort city -delta- 给 delta 发送悄悄话 (243 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 08:36:45

“温哥华让人瞬间坠入爱河…慢慢地失恋”LOL -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 08:44:07

说得不错!以前电视新闻上常看到那些政客和地产大佬在夸夸其谈温哥华如何如何吸引世界的注意力时,我就想笑: -delta- 给 delta 发送悄悄话 (227 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 09:03:01

这段话客观中肯,你翻译得很不错。 -小黑猫- 给 小黑猫 发送悄悄话 小黑猫 的博客首页 (128 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 20:47:39

尽管只是去旅游过,感觉比较还真是有些像。多伦多像悉尼,纽约,伦敦等大城市;温哥华像墨尔本等。 -yingjia- 给 yingjia 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/04/2023 postreply 14:51:23

翻译的好。1996年我陪蒋大为在洛基山玩,他告诉我已经移民多伦多。我说温哥华更好,结果他真来了。 -水星98- 给 水星98 发送悄悄话 水星98 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/07/2023 postreply 06:29:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”