女皇圣诞演讲 2013-The Queen\'s Christmas Broadcast 2013

来源: insight777 2013-12-26 04:12:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (0 bytes)
Christmas Broadcast 2013
The Queen

英国女王伊丽莎白二世在传统年度圣诞节致辞中,回顾过去一年,强调反思的重要性。

(BBC中文网报道)

在过去一年的大事中,女王提到她加冕60周年纪念活动,以及她的重孙子乔治小王子7月份诞生。

她回顾了英联邦的重要作用,期待2014年格拉斯哥英联邦运动会顺利举办。

女王说:“我们都需要在行与思之间做出平衡。在纷纭复杂之中,很容易忘记三思而后行。”

“婴儿降生”

女王说:“一个婴儿降生让每个人都有机会憧憬充满欢乐和希望的未来。”

在这段事先录制的讲话中,还包括一些乔治小王子今年10月份在克莱伦斯宫接受基督教洗礼的片断。

乔治小王子在他的父母威廉王子和剑桥公爵夫人凯特的陪伴下接受了洗礼。

圣诞节女王的传统致辞由女王亲自撰稿,这是她可以在英国政府没有提供意见的情况下公开发表个人看法为数不多的时机之一。

传统致辞

这篇讲话通常包括宗教精神、时政和她过去一年的经历感受。今年的讲话由BBC英国广播公司录制,圣诞节之际在英联邦各国播出。

今年的讲话在广播电视上播出后,也在视频网站Youtube上播出。

另外,英国坎特伯雷大主教、英格兰和威尔士的罗马天主教等基督教会的领导人也都在平安夜和圣诞节之际分别发表了圣诞致辞。

他们鼓励人们坚定信仰,关注英国的社会不公和贫富差距现象,关怀世界各地因为信仰遭遇压迫的基督教徒。

I once knew someone who spent a year in a plaster cast recovering from an operation on his back. He read a lot, and thought a lot, and felt miserable.

Later, he realised this time of forced retreat from the world had helped him to understand the world more clearly.

We all need to get the balance right between action and reflection. With so many distractions, it is easy to forget to pause and take stock. Be it through contemplation, prayer, or even keeping a diary, many have found the practice of quiet personal reflection surprisingly rewarding, even discovering greater spiritual depth to their lives.

Reflection can take many forms. When families and friends come together at Christmas, it’s often a time for happy memories and reminiscing. Our thoughts are with those we have loved who are no longer with us. We also remember those who through doing their duty cannot be at home for Christmas, such as workers in essential or emergency services.

And especially at this time of year we think of the men and women serving overseas in our armed forces. We are forever grateful to all those who put themselves at risk to keep us safe.

Service and duty are not just the guiding principles of yesteryear; they have an enduring value which spans the generations.

I myself had cause to reflect this year, at Westminster Abbey, on my own pledge of service made in that great church on Coronation Day sixty years earlier.

The anniversary reminded me of the remarkable changes that have occurred since the Coronation, many of them for the better; and of the things that have remained constant, such as the importance of family, friendship and good neighbourliness.

But reflection is not just about looking back. I and many others are looking forward to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow next year.

The baton relay left London in October and is now the other side of the world, on its way across seventy nations and territories before arriving in Scotland next summer. Its journey is a reminder that the Commonwealth can offer us a fresh view of life.

My son Charles summed this up at the recent meeting in Sri Lanka. He spoke of the Commonwealth’s “family ties” that are a source of encouragement to many. Like any family there can be differences of opinion. But however strongly they’re expressed they are held within the common bond of friendship and shared experiences.

Here at home my own family is a little larger this Christmas.

As so many of you will know, the arrival of a baby gives everyone the chance to contemplate the future with renewed happiness and hope. For the new parents, life will never be quite the same again!

As with all who are christened, George was baptised into a joyful faith of Christian duty and service. After the christening, we gathered for the traditional photograph.

It was a happy occasion, bringing together four generations.

In the year ahead, I hope you will have time to pause for moments of quiet reflection. As the man in the plaster cast discovered, the results can sometimes be surprising.

For Christians, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation and prayer help us to renew ourselves in God’s love, as we strive daily to become better people. The Christmas message shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach.

On the first Christmas, in the fields above Bethlehem, as they sat in the cold of night watching their resting sheep, the local shepherds must have had no shortage of time for reflection. Suddenly all this was to change. These humble shepherds were the first to hear and ponder the wondrous news of the birth of Christ - the first noel - the joy of which we celebrate today.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas.

更多我的博客文章>>>
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”