[Chaplin] Oscar knighted most known person & face on earth

来源: TJKCB 2023-09-11 22:23:36 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (17960 bytes)

[Chaplin] Oscar - knighted most known person & face on earth. [Chaplin]  was the 1st to be called the "most known person & face on earth"

The first time I knew his name was in newspaper: The PM Zhou welcomed him in banquet. He asked for Peking Duck for his young wife: Oona O'Neal. Afterword, his black and white silent film came on campus. You know it's a good flick when it leaves you in tears and wonders: Something taken home. Bravo!

It was hugely critically acclaimed and Robert Downey Jr is forever loved in England still for his portrayal of their hero, Chaplin. It is also a love letter to the golden age of Hollywood. You do not know what you are talking about.

Coming from a poor childhood, he overcame all the hardship, winning Oscar, being knighted by England Queen, and being the 1st to be called the "most known person & face on earth"-- it's sad to know that he has such hardship in his younger years.

[Chaplin] w/ A-list actors/actress: Robert Downey, Geraldine Chaplin, Paul Rhys, John Thaw, Moira Kelly, Anthony Hopkins, Dan Aykroyd, Kevin Kline, Marisa Tomei, Penelope Ann Miller, Maria Pitillo, Milla Jovovich, Deborah Moore, Diane Lane, Nancy Travis, James Woods

CHAPLIN was released in American theaters on December 25th 1992,15 years after he passed away. 1 of my favorite movies about 1 of my favorite comedians [] []

Concise highlights on the film "Chaplin":

The film "Chaplin" portrays the life and times of the legendary comedian Charlie Chaplin.
Directed by Sir Richard Attenborough and starring Robert Downey Jr., the film offers a grand-scale portrait of Chaplin's amazing life and career.
It delves into Chaplin's poverty-stricken childhood in England and his rise to international stardom.
The movie explores Chaplin's friendships with Hollywood figures like Mack Sennett and Douglas Fairbanks.
It also touches on his many marriages, scandalous affairs, and his relentless pursuit by J. Edgar Hoover.
"Chaplin" is a loving depiction of a bygone era when Hollywood was at its most glamorous.
The film features a remarkable cast, including Robert Downey Jr., Geraldine Chaplin, Paul Rhys, and many others.
Released in American theaters in 1992, it offers a captivating look into the life of one of the greatest comedians in history.
The film highlights the ups and downs of fame and the impact of Chaplin's work on the public.
It received critical acclaim and is considered a masterpiece of American cinema.

Note: The film's release date is listed as 1993, but it was released on December 25, 1992.

"Chaplin" is a tribute to the iconic actor and comedian, showcasing his enduring impact on the world of entertainment.

[User]
budget? gross income of the film?
ChatGPT

The budget and gross income of the film "Chaplin" are as follows:

Budget: The budget for the film "Chaplin" was approximately $31 million.

Gross Income: The gross income of the film "Chaplin" was approximately $9.49 million at the domestic box office (in the United States) and approximately $9.76 million at the international box office, resulting in a total worldwide gross income of approximately $19.25 million.

I like how it shows that no matter what fame & fortune a person has that won't stop the hardships of life & that it's all fleeting. That a person can be at the height of fame in one era & forgotten in the next. & yet, the actor still makes a long term impact on the public & true devotees will "watch, remember rejoice". It shows the ups & downs of being "famous" & what happens when the camera stops rolling...the human condition. I like this quote: "Humor heightens our sense of survival & preserves our sanity." C. Chaplin Edit: the actual Oscars in 1972: notice the disbelief on his face with the standing ovation. It's like he couldn't believe it, like he was overwhelmed w/ the praise he received. It was another "honey suckle" moment for him in his life. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Pl-qvA1X8

Considering now its easier for actors to win for lesser Bio-pics now; its wild that RDJ and Denzel lost to Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman.

Both gave Superior performances in Superior movies. RDJ was amazing in this movie and the movie flowed really well.

Free with ads
PG-13
YouTube Movies & TV
174M subscribers
<__slot-el>
Subscribed

Save
Directed by Sir Richard Attenborough and starring Robert Downey, Jr. and an extraordinary cast, CHAPLIN is a loving, grand scale portrait of the Little Tramp’s amazing life and times. His poverty-stricken childhood in England comes to life, along with his friendships with Mack Sennett (Dan Aykroyd) and Douglas Fairbanks (Kevin Kline), his many wives and scandalous affairs, and his relentless pursuit by J. Edgar Hoover. CHAPLIN is the larger-than-life story of the actor behind the icon and a stunning depiction of a bygone era when Hollywood was at its most glamorous.

Release date

Running time

2:24:44

Audio

English

Subtitle

English [CC]

Actors

Robert DowneyGeraldine ChaplinPaul RhysJohn ThawMoira KellyAnthony HopkinsDan AykroydKevin KlineMarisa TomeiPenelope Ann MillerMaria PitilloMilla JovovichDeborah MooreDiane LaneNancy TravisJames Woods

Director

Richard Attenborough

Producers

Diana HawkinsRichard AttenboroughMario Kassar

Writers

William BoydBryan ForbesWilliam Goldman

Genres

ComedyDrama
Show less

Provider

Paramount

Rating

PG-13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvprXfkF3Q 

@lindabarnett3794

10 days ago
A masterpiece of American cinema-- tells the tale of the life and times of an International Star and renowned talented personality. Superbly acted!
5 replies
[@user-ud6ui7zt3r]

@user-ud6ui7zt3r

1 day ago (edited)
With every scene in this movie, I see elements of the very old (furniture, wallpaper designs, straw hats) blended with the new (comedy methods, film editing, talking movies) and I am always fascinated at how the old things slowly passed out of favor while the new things were gently introduced and gradually adopted. The people of those times thought they were living out the most modern way of life possible, yet, when I watch the scenes, I can't help but notice that the people were always surrounded by items that I personally regarded as very old, over 50 years ago. The process by which the Past eventually turns into the Present always intrigues me.

@marigeobrien

6 days ago (edited)
Honestly? I'd have to say that it didn't do well because it skimmed over too much and/or tried to include too much. Great cast, well directed, great quality over all but... it was written as if everyone watching is familiar with all the events and all the people involved. If Charlie Chaplin had been born in 1960 or 1980, I could see doing that. But so little background is given to most of these scandals -- I had to look up at least three of these events, just to follow the story. And, I'm sorry, but 30 years ago it was no different. Well, maybe there were a few people still alive then who were familiar with all the background... but not now.

@sha11235

7 days ago
I didn't really care for this film. Too much of the behind the scene stuff and not enough as to how he made the films and what made him great. The thing is Chaplin never wanted to discuss how he made them. He was like a magician protecting his secrets and his autobiography is the last place to find any good stuff on him. The best part is when he did get the special Oscar.
[@stephendavidbailey2743]

@stephendavidbailey2743

7 days ago
Hard to believe this was thirty years ago. 2023

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!