North Star1996 respect the land.' Indian wisdom

来源: TJKCB 2023-08-06 17:43:19 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (57449 bytes)

"you can not own the land, but you can respect the land." Indian wisdom

North Star, a film by Oscar and Golden Globe-nominee James Caan and Christopher Lambert star in this epic adventure set in Alaska about a half-Indian, half-Caucasian trapper who refuses to mine an Alaskan gold lode he owns because it will destroy sacred land. When a corrupt miner attempts to acquire the hunter's property, the two men are drawn into a violent confrontation. can you list all cast members?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObUyCjV10tY

References

Cast:

• James Caan as Sean McLennon
  • Christopher Lambert as Hudson Saanteek
  • Catherine McCormack as Sarah
  • Burt Young as Father O'Malley
  • Jacques Francois as Revillon
  • Morten Faldaas as Lars Saanteek
  • Frank Salsedo as Ipu
  • Tim Healy as The Valdez Kid
  • Peter-Hugo Daly as Hap
  • Michael Greyeyes as Francis

Directed by: Nils Gaup

Please note that this list may still not include all cast members and crew, and there might be additional individuals in supporting or minor roles. For a comprehensive and accurate list, you can refer to a reliable movie database or official sources related to the film.

Set during the Alaskan gold rush of the late 1800s. In his efforts to gain control of a small mining town, Sean McLennon is buying up every mining claim that becomes available, usually after the death…

Catherine Jane McCormack (born 3 April 1972)[1][2] is an English actress. Her film appearances include Braveheart (1995), The Land Girls (1998), Dangerous Beauty (1998), Dancing at Lughnasa (1998), Spy Game (2001), and 28 Weeks Later (2007). Her theatre work includes National Theatre productions of All My Sons (2000) and Honour (2003).

Early life[edit]

McCormack was born in EpsomSurrey, England. She is of part Irish ancestry as one of her grandfathers was Irish.[3] Her mother died of lupus when McCormack was six years old and her steelworker father subsequently raised her and her brother Stephen.[4] She was brought up as Roman Catholic[5] and attended the Convent of Our Lady of Providence. She went on to study at the Oxford School of Drama.[6]

Career[edit]

Film[edit]

McCormack's first important role was as the character Murron MacClannough in the multiple Academy Award-winning film Braveheart (1995). Her screen debut was as the lead in the Anna Campion-directed film Loaded (1994). She has subsequently stated that she had a "miserable time with the director (Anna Campion)... it was my first film job, I needed to be mollycoddled, I needed to be helped through it, and I wasn't. Mostly, it was a horrible experience."[4]

After Braveheart, McCormack starred alongside Anna Friel and Rachel Weisz in David Leland's The Land Girls and had lead roles in Nils Gaup's Northstar and Marshall Herskovitz's Dangerous Beauty. Other films include Spy Game (2001) and 28 Weeks Later. Despite being in demand, she does few films, stating that "I read very few scripts I'm passionate about... Maybe one in every twenty or thirty."[7]

Theatre[edit]

McCormack has shown a preference in her career for the theatre,[4] saying that "theatre really is an actor's medium: you're on stage with no director anymore, whereas in film very rarely do you get much rehearsal other than running through the scene very quickly. Then everyone comes in and shoots it."[8] McCormack was one of the original 2006 London cast of Patrick Barlow's play of The 39 Steps.[9] In 2008, she performed the role of Nora in A Doll's House,[10] directed by Peter Hall at the Theatre RoyalBath, and also the role of Isabel Archer in a stage adaptation of The Portrait of a Lady,[11] both of which commenced their runs in July 2008, ending in August, before transferring to the Rose Theatre in Kingston later that year.

In 2009, she appeared in the British tour of Headlong's adaptation of Six Characters in Search of an Author. In 2012, she starred as Juana Inés de la Cruz in the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of Helen Edmundson's play The Heresy of Love.[12]

Filmography[edit]

Film
Year Title Role Notes
1994 Loaded Rose  
1995 Braveheart Murron MacClannough  
1996 North Star Sarah  
1998 The Land Girls Stella  
1998 Dangerous Beauty Veronica Franco  
1998 Dancing at Lughnasa Christina 'Chrissy' Mundy  
1999 This Year's Love Hannah  
1999 The Debtors    
2000 Shadow of the Vampire Greta Schröder  
2000 A Rumor of Angels Mary Neubauer  
2000 The Weight of Water Jean Janes  
2000 Born Romantic Jocelyn  
2001 The Tailor of Panama Francesca Deane  
2001 Spy Game Elizabeth Hadley  
2004 Strings Zita (voice)  
2005 A Sound of Thunder Sonia Rand  
2006 Renaissance Bislane Tasuiev (voice)  
2007 The Moon and the Stars Kristina Baumgarten / Tosca  
2007 28 Weeks Later Alice  
2013 The Fold Rebecca Ashton Post-production
2014 Magic in the Moonlight Olivia  
2016 The Journey Kate Elgar  
2017 Promise at Dawn Lesley Blanch  
2019 The Song of Names Helen  
2019 Cordelia Kate  
Television
Year Title Role Notes
1994 Wycliffe Asenath Gardner Episode: "The Scapegoat"
1997 Deacon Brodie Annie Grant TV film
1999 Love in the 21st Century Fay Episode: "Reproduction"
2001 Armadillo Flavia TV film
2004 Gunpowder, Treason & Plot Queen Elizabeth I TV film
2005 Kenneth Tynan: In Praise of Hardcore Kathleen Tynan TV film
2006 Elizabeth David: A Life in Recipes Elizabeth David TV film
2006 Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire Poppaea Sabina Episode: "Nero"
2008 Midnight Man Alice Ross TV miniseries
2011 Lights Out Theresa Leary 13 episodes
2013 Lucan Veronica TV miniseries
2015 Life in Squares Virginia Woolf 2 episodes
2016 Sherlock Lady Carmichael Episode "The Abominable Bride"
2017 Genius Marija Ru?i?–Mari?  
2018 Women on the Verge Claire TV series
2018 Temple Beth Milton TV miniseries- 8 episodes
2022 Slow Horses Alex Tropper TV series - 2nd Season - 6 episodes
Theatre
Year Title Role Notes
1999 Anna Weiss Anna Weiss Whitehall Theatre, London