sorry:夏威夷的问题

来源: QandA 2004-09-16 18:18:29 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2090 bytes)
Sorry that I was so negative on oahu and may have caused some agony. I agree with those who wrote to disagree with me, if you have never been in the other islands or south america, oahu is a great place. Even spending a week there is OK since there was so much we did not see. Pearl harbor was one of them, on the other hand, many friends told us not to go since they spend an entire morning standing in line without seeing much. anyhow, it was still a pleasant place to visit, please don't regret it! I just hope to warn those who are contemplating which island to visit in the future. As for Haunama Bay (thanks sleeplessi!), I don't think it is worth the $5 (don't agree with you paradi*****d) since most other beaches are free. Although $5 is not a lot of money, they put in the infrastructure after some drowning, the place looks great, but not as good as a swiming place. It is a bargain if you compare with those snorkling cruises ($70!). As for the ticket to polynesian culutural center, the friend must have bought the VIP ticket. It costed us less than that for 5 people with the dinner show. It was probably the best value.
We did not really pay a lot for the 5* hotel because of the hotwire and priceline.
If you do rent a car, don't rent a SUV, there is almost no chance of driving on unpaved road, plus, you must get permision from your rental company to go to certain areas, that is particularly true in the big island.
Get some coupon books once you are in the airport, you will save lot of money by using them.
Go to a ABC store (they are everywhere in Wakiki, sometimes there four or five within sights) to buy a chinese made Liang Xi for a buck or two to stay at the beach. Also buy a noodle or surfing board, I paid $8 for a noodle and $15 for a ring (that was a rip off) at the beach. Night life in Wakiki is great. If you drive around, you will see some small Japanese resteraunts, which are very authentic (the staff do speak Japanese unlike those in the East coast), and they are very reasonably priced.
Hope you will have a great visit.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”