真是行动派,等着看你一年后的感受。

来源: 小黑猫 2023-05-31 19:18:35 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3473 bytes)
回答: 五月来到温哥华巴黎到罗马2023-05-31 06:10:40

加拿大人喜欢比较多伦多和温哥华,reddit上一天到晚在吵。这些讨论很有意思,看下来感觉温哥华城市漂亮,人民喜欢户外活动,有很多小群体。而多伦多更有文化和活力,更多样化更包容。其实这也是东西两岸的不同吧。摘抄一段我觉得总结得不错的:

I've lived in both cities so I have a lot to say on this subject. Vancouver most of my life, Toronto for a year, then back to Vancouver. Still travel to Toronto often for work and to visit friends. They're not really comparable although many people compare them - they offer completely different things and cater to very different lifestyles. I'm happier in Vancouver personally because I'm a west coast human through and through - but Toronto is an incredible city. It has so much more energy, culture, just good vibes in general. It is amazing how you can explore the city for years and still find new things that are exciting or new every day. It has so many diverse neighborhoods just bustling with energy and life and secrets to be discovered. People are much more open and social, Torontonians want to include everyone in everything, even if they just met you. Vancouver people are cold, clicky, closed-off and quite anti-social in comparison. In Toronto when someone makes plans, they really mean it. Versus Vancouver where plans for anything are never really plans and can be dropped or even ghosted on a whim.

At night Toronto just bursts at the seams with life and vibrancy. Vancouver has nothing that compares in the slightest. Ever been on Ossington or College or Queen West in the summer? Good lord. An average Friday or Saturday night has more action, excitement and people loving life than even the best city summer festivals Vancouver has ever put on.

Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities on Earth. It has a lot to offer, I'm very happy to live here and proud to be from here, no place blends nature and urban living better, but it's really a city of introverts and people who stick to their own small tribe or social circle. Everything in any industry is gate-kept and made inaccessible by design. Toronto wants to embrace people and include them. They also value work culture and the daily grind a lot more than Vancouver which is the complete opposite. But at night they know how to get loose. Vancouverites get stoned on the beach all day and are in bed by 11pm.

Both incredible cities in an awesome country to live in, but couldn't be more different in terms of how people socialize and enjoy life, and what they value. Vancouver makes people fall in love instantly, then slowly often people fall out of love when they realize how lacking in personality it is. Toronto isn't nearly as pretty on the surface, but it's the girl you fall in love with for the rest of your life the more you get to know her.

These are all obviously generalizations but I stand by them. If you make the decision to give Toronto a try and you're the type of person who loves a real city, I promise you won't regret it.

PS: also please don't call it 'Van' nothing makes a real Vancouverite die inside more than hearing a transplant call the city this. Its part of our weird introverted gate keepy culture but it's a real thing they(us) will judge you for even if they don't say anything about it.

所有跟帖: 

感觉说的挺贴切的 -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (66 bytes) () 05/31/2023 postreply 22:33:48

嗯嗯,我们也想退休后搬过去。前年夏天去转了一圈,被极端高温给吓住 -小黑猫- 给 小黑猫 发送悄悄话 小黑猫 的博客首页 (261 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 07:03:12

对,那一年是50年一遇的高温,超了40度。被你遇上了:) -沿途美景- 给 沿途美景 发送悄悄话 沿途美景 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 07:12:17

其实这种话题从来就不会有标准答案,只要自己喜欢的就是最宜居的地方,在我看来… -云燕假日- 给 云燕假日 发送悄悄话 云燕假日 的博客首页 (253 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 08:58:15

蒙特利尔是加拿大乃至整个北美最漂亮的城市,夏天真是好极了 -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (595 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 09:32:42

其实在我看来一年四季都很美,特别是对于喜欢滑雪的人来说,下雪比下雨好多了… -云燕假日- 给 云燕假日 发送悄悄话 云燕假日 的博客首页 (771 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 09:57:03

一直觉得多伦多是大城市,比较适合年轻人工作发展,温哥华是小地方,比较laid back 和以服务业为主:)) -沿途美景- 给 沿途美景 发送悄悄话 沿途美景 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 06:48:40

温哥华是户外天堂,我身边不少喜欢户外的人搬过去,年轻人多过退休的 -小黑猫- 给 小黑猫 发送悄悄话 小黑猫 的博客首页 (131 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 07:10:12

真的啊,第一次听:)) 对,喜欢户外的人,很快会爱上这个城市,有些月份,早上滑雪下午打高球,是切实可行的:)) -沿途美景- 给 沿途美景 发送悄悄话 沿途美景 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 07:14:17

温哥华DT的年轻人很多,但是 -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (313 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 08:39:45

最近看了一个报道说据统计在全世界主要大城市中多伦多DT是疫情后恢复得最差的,年轻人和游客都少了很多。 -云燕假日- 给 云燕假日 发送悄悄话 云燕假日 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 09:07:35

我在市中心住了两年,年轻人很多啊!去年夏天活动超多、人潮汹涌。不过 -巴黎到罗马- 给 巴黎到罗马 发送悄悄话 巴黎到罗马 的博客首页 (392 bytes) () 06/01/2023 postreply 09:40:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”