仅在 making a purchase. ATM and Cash Advance NO FEE

来源: goingplaces 2022-10-18 12:31:20 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4242 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2022-10-18 14:14:14 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

The 1% forex fee ONLY applied when you use it to BUY things.  That is the fee Visa charged to use its Network,  Fido chose to pass along.  Schwab chose to absorb it.

Besides, even with 1% transaction fee, the Multi-millions Interbank mean exchange rate used for ATM transaction, would be much better than you exchange money the old fashion way, such as using an Exchange service, where there is a Buy from (you, in USD) and Sell to (you local currency) rates, often has 5% difference between the 2.

在上面的帖子中,我提到 BNP Aix en Provence 吃了我的卡。 那是一张 Fido 卡. 

交易单显示零欧元 was withdrawn。 账户显示在同一天提取了 100 欧元,退回了 100 欧元。 然而,第二天 100 欧元的 Credit消失了,只剩下 100 欧元 withdrawal。 The account was short 100 Euro. 我们在游轮上, cannot call Fido。 我给 Fido 发了一封电子邮件。 几天后得到主管的回复,说 Credit 消失的原因,是因为BNP没有使用SAME交易代码退还失败的提款。 然后我看到卡上有 1 欧元的 Charge。 经调查,主管告诉我这是因为不知何故交易 from ATM Withdrawal 变成了 Purchase,has 1% 的费用,由 VISA 网络收取,而不是 Fido。

我们使用 Fido 卡的次数远远超过 Schwab 卡,因为 Fido 立即报销 ATM 费用,而 Schwab 每月报销一次,在月初报销上个月的总和。 已使用 Fido 卡近 20 年或更长时间。从来看不到 1% 的费用。 汇率总是非常接近 XE.com 上的历史汇率,最多为正负 0.2-3%。 有时对他们有利, 有时对我有利. 

我唯一 一次看到 Fido 1% 的费用,  是在法国巴黎银行的那次,由于机器吃卡而提款失败。然后发现 1美元 charge, 就是你提到的1% transaction fee,  因为 the withdrawal不知何故变成 purchase。

I have a friend who has a small apartment in Paris.  They went there twice a year before Pandemic.  Fidelity card is his main mean to get spending money at places such as Paris Open Markets that only use cash during their usual 2+ months long stay.  He too, NEVER sees the 1% fee you saw on Fido site.  He almost did not believe me when I told him about the incident at Aix en Provence because like me, he has the Fido card for more than 20 years.  NEVER once sees a 1% fee.

In practice, there is always some tiny variance on the exchange rates,  plus / minus at 0.2 to 0.3%,  far less than the 1% stated,  and sometimes are to the cardholder's favor!  We and our friends consider that is just rounding error,  good enough not to be bothered with.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”