This is the latest from SPG rep about the changes

来源: Lvtotravel 2007-01-01 20:22:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3304 bytes)
回答: Realblue: SGP redemption levels will go up Feb 1Lvtotravel2007-01-01 14:28:56
No specific hotel details yet, but obviously the more popular destinations would get "upgrade" to require more pts - as the category is determined by a function of the average daily rates and the occupancy rate. Given GBP is much higher than USD, and London hotel rates are astronormical, you bet the UK hotels would go up a Cat or two. HHonor jumped their UK hotel categories 3x - happened June 2006 but HHonor gave 6 month advance notice. In Feb I redeemed 2 nights at Glasgow for Sept stays. The hotel went from a Cat 3 to a Cat 5 June 1 06. SPG sucks, no advance warning.

You should check Starwood Lurker's posts in upcoming days to see if there are any more info he can post.
Dec 28, 06, 11:32 am #454
Starwood Lurker
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC Traveler
...I will admit, I'm confused how it went from "most" hotels will move up to now less than 33%, to now somewhere around 20% total? I'll assume 30% or so, which for all intents and purposes means that every cat 4,5,and 6 can move, since by my count 600 of the 900 or so props are cat 1,2,3. Of course, sprinkle in some key cat 3's moving up in place of some average cat 4's staying put. Alas, while I personally have found great redemption value many times in the cat 2's ,mainly when looking for an overnight at an airport or something, generally I have NEVER stayed at a cat 1.

I said "most" originally because that is what I was told it might be. This is before any of the metrics were taken, but I wanted to get everyone thinking about redeeming early to make the best use of their points. It will be less than a third; however, it may not pan out to be as you suggest above where all 4, 5, & 6 category properties move up. A significant number of 1, 2, & 3 category properties will move up in addition to some 4, 5, & 6's. The overall number of properties that went up last year was approximately 20%.

Quote:
Anyways - the question. When we see this move to Cat 5 of say, 100 cat 4 hotels - will they also travel with it a new Low and High period? I won't get too worried when Westin Whistler goes from 40,000 --> 48,000 for a 5 night stay, but my guess is that they will have a High season for which 40,000 today equals 64,000 tomorrow.

That's part A - will Cat 5's still have low & high or since there will be a hundred or more of them, they won't do that?

Category 5, 6, and now 7 will have High and Low seasons.

Quote:
Part B - will each hotel's peak night be specifically set, or will it be a general set of dates for all Cat 5's?

Each Category 5, 6, & 7 property will be allowed to pick a specified number of weeks as High season. They will have to inform us in advance which weeks they are choosing and this will be published on the web site as it has been in the past.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

guest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

所有跟帖: 

好, 俺明天就先去定了伦顿的再说. SPGlist上的你要有推荐的 --realblue-- 给 -realblue- 发送悄悄话 -realblue- 的博客首页 (80 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 20:33:19

OK, I will take a look, for the locations only -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (368 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 20:38:09

Sightseeing - Picadilly, Shopping - Knightsbridge -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (363 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 20:48:11

thanks. thanks! --realblue-- 给 -realblue- 发送悄悄话 -realblue- 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2007 postreply 06:38:18

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”