Actually I found Westerners do both and immerse deeply in both.

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-12-03 21:30:06 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1882 bytes)
What I mean both is based on your definition.

We met a couple on our last cruise (10day X'mas 2005 South Caribbean). The hu*****and is a pilot and he brought his GPS with him - each day he would plot the itinerary on his GPS and compared it with the Chart posted on board. He had lots of fun doing that.

I think too many Chinese classify a cruise vacation being a "Eat, Do nothing, Sunbathing" vacation. This concept cannot be more wrong, in my opinion. Those who think that have no idea a real cruise vacation is like.

The beauty of a cruise is, you can choose to do A LOT, more than your self-tortured UTAH trip, or you can choose to do NOTHING, as your "pig-feeding" deion, and anything in between. The choice is completely yours. Of course, you cannot jump ship if you dont like the itinerary, or if the itinerary is modified due to weather or mechanical... But you buy a cruise AFTER you are happy with the itinerary - so there is no excuse to complain about the itinerary, even a particular island, or port, does not meet your expectation.

For us, Alaska cruise is way overhyped - we did an Alaska landtrip couple years before we did an Alaska cruise. The landtrip wasn't that impressive. The cruise was even worse - we think the main problem with any Alaska trip is, the weather is totally unpredictable, and 90% of the time, Alaska weather is BAD. No matter how great the Tidal Glaciers are, if it is raining hard, or fogging hard, all you could see is a big mass of grey - you could hardly make out anything in such weather. There are so many pictures about Alaska taken by tourists that one can access on Webshot - you can count by 2 hands of the really nice shots - 99% of them look really grey. The beautiful pictures you see on various brochures about Alaska, may be only 1% of the time you would have luck to see the same.

所有跟帖: 

This is what I want to say. -Tiber- 给 Tiber 发送悄悄话 (57 bytes) () 12/03/2006 postreply 21:39:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”