I was in an accident 9 years ago.

来源: lfu00 2006-11-16 19:03:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1289 bytes)
回答: how? What happened?moab2006-11-16 12:58:15
There were perhaps 13 persons in an 11 passenger van. Because it was overloaded, most of us did not have seat belt on.

The person at wheel is a菜鸟too. On the way back home from Yosemite, the 菜鸟 did not see a turn. When he realized it, it was too late. The van was over speed limit by about 20mph. When 菜鸟 applied the break, the van skied and simply flied of the road.

By luck, the elevation lost was less than 10 feet. The van landed in a grassy land, went in a circle motion, and finally come to a stop. No flip over! We had some bruise and bump but none was seriously hurt.

The van front axis was broken and one of the front tires was broken too. The skiing mark in the road showed that the van just barely missed a light pole and a steel cable fixing the pole!

Where did the accident happen? When we waited for two vans to pick us back home, we found out it was right in Chinese Camp on Hwy 120. What a coincident!

Because of this experience, I learnt the speed limit has a reason to be there. So I never drive over the speed limit by 10 mph on turns. Rural road has a poor condition. In that case, I drive just over limit by 5 mph or on the limit. In one word, control the speed according to the road condition. Pay attention to speed limit.

所有跟帖: 

man you guys are lucky. Never put your safety in the -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (487 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 19:35:30

You are right. But I could't drive at that time -lfu00- 给 lfu00 发送悄悄话 (98 bytes) () 11/16/2006 postreply 20:13:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”