Advices needed for a Trip to Victoria Falls and Namibia

来源: 灰衣人 2015-10-02 07:22:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2399 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 灰衣人 ] 在 2015-10-02 07:34:07 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I am planning to make a trip to Victoria Falls and Namibia in Nov., this year.

Time Frame: Three Weeks.

I am quite clear about what I need to do in Victoia Falls, but still not clear about what I can/should do in Namibia.

Your advices are highly appreciated.

1, Inside Zambia

Arrival in Livingstone, Zambia, possibly stay in either of these two hotels (

• the Royal Livingstone hotel: $514 per night quite expensive yet pretty close to the Fall,
  •  Grand Chopstick hotel owned by Chinese: $91 per night, quite economic yet roughly 4 miles to the Falls).

Visa: plan to obtain dual visas upon arrival

Yellow Fever Cetificate: done;

Safety and Security in Zambia: Good.

Main activities in Livingston, Zambia

• spend one day to Victoria fall,
  • maybe take an adventrous trip to Devil Fall depending on my mood,
  • spend 2 days to watch animals: hippo, girrafe near Royal Livingstone hotel, and join local travel group to explore Big 5s in deeper zones.

2, Now advices needed to Namibia and how to explore Namibia.

two travel routes to Nambia from Livingston are competing in my mind,

•  One is: fly to Windhoek via Jubo, then rent a SUV, and spend 2 weeks to explore Nambia;
  •  The other is: I will rent a SUV in Livingstone, Namibia, drive to Botswana and Namibia alternatively, which I have zero knowledge about rental arrangement possibility (rent in Livingston, Namibia, then drop in Windhoek, Namibia ), the road conditions to Botswana and Namibia, and the safety and security within these two countries (Again, your advices or experience are needed here). I had intensive driving experience in US, including 3 days of driving from Florida to Los Angles, Ca; 20 hours of driving from Bay Area to Salt lake, then another 7/8 hours from Salt Lake to Yellowstone, etc.

your recommendations/experience of sightseeing sites and corresponding hotels in Namibia are highly appreciated, which will help my Nambia excursions more rewarding.

Thanks a lot in advance

所有跟帖: 

能否给些建议和经验?谢谢. -灰衣人- 给 灰衣人 发送悄悄话 灰衣人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2015 postreply 06:02:51

火谷行 -灰衣人- 给 灰衣人 发送悄悄话 灰衣人 的博客首页 (17 bytes) () 10/04/2015 postreply 10:32:52

不错呀,很好的经历。 我没去过纳米比亚, 但是同事们去过那里,还有一位秘书后来辞职了,到纳米比亚定居,德国人很喜欢那里。 -安娜晴天- 给 安娜晴天 发送悄悄话 安娜晴天 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2015 postreply 13:01:39

我想在Victoria Falls,赞比亚那里租车,一路开到Namibia,不知能不能在namibia 还车. -灰衣人- 给 灰衣人 发送悄悄话 灰衣人 的博客首页 (52 bytes) () 10/04/2015 postreply 14:00:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!