we arranged for night box pick up

来源: 叫我戴硕就好 2015-09-29 12:18:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1523 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 叫我戴硕就好 ] 在 2015-09-29 12:36:55 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 你怎么认为你只要5-6小时就能登顶?jin_yin_hua2015-09-29 11:44:51

it is definitely possible to hike the trail over the wkend, but if we have decided to do that, we would not get any sleep at all.  I called the mt whitney visitor center last thursday and arranged for night box pick up, so they have put our permits in the night pick up box and given me the passcode for the lock.  If we wanted, we could have just drive straight to the mt whitney visitor center from LA/SD, pick up the permit from the night box and hike the trail on sat morning, say around 3am. That would have given us a much better chance to summit, but quiet honestly, both of us didn't feel comfortable hiking the trail without getting any sleep.  safety first.

instead, my travel partner didn't feel like he can drive all the way from sd to lone pine, and hiking the trail without getting much sleep.  personally, when i arrived in ridgecrest, i didn't really have the stamina to conquer mt whitney w/out getting much sleep either, even though on the back of my mind, i was hoping that i could.  so thats what happened, if you really want to know.

as for the 5-6 hrs hiking time, i knew it wasn't realistic, but i guess on the back of our mind, we were just hoping we can summit within 5-6 hrs. Descending 11mi in 5-6 hrs is probably a feasible task, but when you are going up, considering the high elevation, and the fact that you have to constantly walking in the upward motion, your walking speed will be slowed down quiet bit. 

所有跟帖: 

既然你们没有真的打算登顶就当我白说。这次就当成探路好了。 -jin_yin_hua- 给 jin_yin_hua 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2015 postreply 12:33:47

yea -叫我戴硕就好- 给 叫我戴硕就好 发送悄悄话 叫我戴硕就好 的博客首页 (138 bytes) () 09/29/2015 postreply 12:39:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”