If the Oceans were Chianti and Mountains Polenta...

来源: gingergirl 2006-09-09 10:47:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (11039 bytes)

If the Oceans were Chianti and Mountains Polenta...    7/31/2006

Bringing up the idea to La Jolla quickly in the morning, Tracy and I went on the road after lunch.  It took us over three hours to reach Torrey Pines State Reserve, which is my favorite place to hang out.  

It was a little bit overcast and cool.  I was overwhelmed by the green and smell of the trees.  When the ocean was getting closer to us, my soul was cheered up by the blue. 

I took Tracy onto the Beach Trail and scared her by possible two hours of hiking from mountain to beach.  10-minute walking uphill made her foggy face.  Afterwards, it was cleared out for the ocean showed up silver-blue in the mountain from time to time.  Winding among the mountain, the way I walked was like I wanted to fly.  When we reached the access to the beach, it was blocked by a sign saying dangerous and closed temporarily.  Well, we are Chinese and have different definitions about danger.  We went through the first sign and got even closer to the beach.  The second sign popped up and blocked the access completely.  However, I found out that there were footprints around the rocks winding out another route.  So we dropped the water bottle and walked one-way to the Flat Rock, which was still there, having the waves wash out days and nights.  Wow, I guess only half an hour, we made it.  We stood on the Rock, the sea breeze touching through my face and hair.  Looking out the ocean, the sophisticated colors and the unreachable infinity made my mind flying away.  Looking down on the Rock, all kinds of creatures were surviving from the waves and tides year by year, even they never know when they will be washed away.  

Walking along the beach, having the waves massaging my feet, watching seagulls busy with food, well, life could be this easy.  

Driving to the downtown of La Jolla, the night life was on with the lights.  Walking around the streets, we happened to step into Hotel Parisi, which is such a delicate place with a serene atmosphere.  The soothing colors on the walls took us to the second floor, which was even quieter and stimulating every human sense mysteriously.  The power was from the five elements of Feng Shui, metal, wood, water, fire and earth, which triggered ageless simplicity with contemporary comfort.  I knew it after I researched on its website.  It looked like it would be Tracy’s next stop when her honey launches at sunshine airport next time.  

Passed Crab Catchers, which was fully loaded, we sat down in the courtyard at Trattoria Aqua.  Even we could not get an ocean-view table, we were so satisfied from the every details around the yard, the fountain watering the plants, the rock dog at the door, the soft lights on the top or side, drizzling slightly from the open ceiling, the cozy feeling hanging over the whole place.  Then the gourmets came over at the right time, a few steamed mussels, crab salads, tender tuna slices, nearly perfect but not that heavy.  Although I cut off the temptation of Tiramisu from Tracy, she would thank me later for saving strong desire of Tiramisu to make everything even more fantastic when she shares it with her honey sharing it soon.  

If only the oceans were Chianti and the mountains polenta…

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!