太谢谢你的分享了!贴一封我去年写的底特律印象 e-mail。

来源: 阿姗 2004-04-07 15:18:31 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1522 bytes)
回答: Downtown Detroit: DEAD TOWN? (图)bookworm52004-04-06 20:54:31
我住在底特律旁边不到一小时的车程,只去过城里次。我老板在这边住了三十年,却一次也没去过。

下面是我第一次跟朋友 M 去底特律后写的一封 e-mail:

M-,

Yesterday the images of Detroit were constantly in my mind. Our auto tour to the auto city to me was like a documentary experience. I kept seeing abandoned and burned houses, crazy people in street corners, poor black people with blank expressions, and then big grand mansions with trees and flowers and sprinklers.... It was a picture we used to get of this country when I was a young student back in China. We were told that in this country the rich and the poor were extremely separated even when they lived next to each other. Sometimes I thought it was propaganda, but after seeing Detroit I know now that it is true. In my travel to Latin America, I have seen similar things, but in those countries the rich are not so many in numbers and because they are still in overall very poor countries they don't look as content. It is a shame that in this country people are so used to their own lifestyles and unable not see the darkness of their own society. And for those who live in wealth in Detroit and who see the injustice everyday, it is a crime to be so content and unashamed.

A.S.

--
回信:

A.S.,

.... Detroit is a good example of how American society works. It is also a place that has had all kinds of resistance to such crimes but without ever becoming a real challenge to them. ....

M.

所有跟帖: 

I've got the same feel -Snowbowl- 给 Snowbowl 发送悄悄话 (87 bytes) () 04/07/2004 postreply 20:27:51

我去年写的china印象 -gnhkuim- 给 gnhkuim 发送悄悄话 (246 bytes) () 04/07/2004 postreply 22:08:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”