Don't rush it and here is why

来源: wunderlust 2006-05-04 00:05:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2176 bytes)
If after reading the following 4 reasons, you still insist on spending the night in Vancouver, at least do this:
-Do not use the I-5/hwy 99 border crossing and use the one east of it for shorter line.
-Stay as south and as close to the border as possible, perhaps in the Richmond area.
-Get out of Vancouver as early as possible

I personally do not think you should spend the nigth in Vanvouver and here are why:

1. You need to be at the airport at least one hour before flight. From border to Sea-Tac airport, without traffic and without jam at border, it takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on how fast you drive. That pretty much means leaving Canadian border 4 hours before your flight.

2. One wild card is Sea-Tac airport, especially in the summer months when big cruise ships come to town. I have seen security lines snaking through the ticketing lobby, went down the escalator into the garage and filling up the parking spaces. That one time, I missed my flight, which was not a big deal for me. But it will be a big deal for you since apparently you are on vacation.

3. Border crossing is another wildcard. You could zip through without a problem but there could be long lines. The border was even shut down completely a few times recently, when the Canadian customs walked away from their job or whatever incident happens and that affected both sides. Such incidents may be as rare as 1% or less, but when you get it, it means you will miss your flight 100%. Instead of taking the I-5 crossing, you might consider taking the truck route, the entrance east of the I-5 crossing (forgot the name). That one usually has shorter lines, if you can find it (it's a little tricky finding it).

4. If you haven't driven the roads in Vancouver, they can be confusing to a newbe as Vancouver does not have North - South bound freeway inside town. Once you are in town, hwy 99 is one traffic light after another. Many sections only have 2 lanes, the right lane useless as it's often used for parking and the left used for left turn. So if someone is waiting for a left turn in front of you, you'd be waiting forever.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”