Looks about right. A few tips-

来源: wunderlust 2012-02-29 21:00:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2497 bytes)
回答: 请教一下行程安排boca2012-02-29 17:57:00

1. If you read Rick Steve's, he must have told you summer (and August in particular) is the worst time to visit Europe.  Italy will be very hot and crowded.

2. If you plan to climb the Tower in Pisa, be sure to make reservation.  I did it in off season and was able to reserve day of arrival.  I made a stop there on the way back from Cinque Terre.

3.The Cinque Terre tains are old and stops very short (a few minutes at each station).  Sometimes the train doors may be broken, which means you may not have enough time to get off - guess how I found out :-(  Be sure to grab a train schedule so that you know how to get back.

4. You may want to double check how much Cinque Terre has recovered from the big flood last fall.  Damages were heavy.  On the flip side, you might see a quiete peaceful CT if you choose to go since the crowds are still hesitant to go due to the same reason.

5. Pisa and Florence are both big train hubs, I think. As an alternative, you might consider catching a train from Pisa to Siena and spend a night there.  Siena (as well as many hilltowns) is quite charming at night once the day tripers leave.  I didn't go to San Gimignano.  I believe it's a little hard to.

6. Florence (and may be Pisa), like many cities, has more than one station and be sure to get off at the right station.  La Spezia, where you will transfer to the local train to CT, has two stations too.  When I went, everyone of us got off one stop too early.

7. In Florence, make reservations for David (Accademia) and Uffizi for sure (not sure about the others).  Reservations were free by phone when I went but you will pay extra on top of extrance fee when you enter.  I'm almost sure the lines will be very long in summer.  If you are lucky and the lines are not that long, you don't have to use the reserved spots, which saves a few euros.  And the lines are long, those are good few euros well spent.

8. If you go from Florence to Siena (or the other way round), it would be easier to take the bus, instead of the train.  Bus station is right next to the train station.  If you take the train, you will have to transfer to local bus to get in town.  The bus, however, will take you right in town (assuming you catch the right bus).

Sorry I have to type in English.  Have a great trip!

所有跟帖: 

回复:Looks about right. A few tips- -boca- 给 boca 发送悄悄话 (52 bytes) () 03/01/2012 postreply 06:48:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!