Pennsylvania day trip

来源: 动京城 2011-10-15 14:55:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5543 bytes)

Three days trip to Pennsylvania has become a colourful memory for all of us. It was a great escape from everyday routine, and it was a good chance to get close touch with Mother Nature and friends.

The trip was planned a month ago, at a time when four families went to visit eastern great Canyon in New York State. The consensus was made that we were better off going to US for next long weekend recreation. The more people participate, the more fun. Eight families have been stirred up. All woke up at five in the morning, and met at Tim Horton. With walkie-talkie in each car, we have created a “shoe fleet”. Each car has a name of shoe, such as “leather shoe”, “Slipper Shoe”, “F abric Shoe”, “Dancing Shoe”……People like me, who don’t have any sense of driving direction, and hate to check map, has been released as the front car did the lead, and has given us all detailed instruction on turns. Even in a foggy morning, with GPS and leading car, it was totally worry free.

My hu*****and said I was spiritually talented. Why, the comment was made after I shared my thought on this trip. The mountain road seems endless, and woods confuse us from where we go. But with GPS connected with satellite, friend around, and beautiful tree leaves, the journey wasn’t so bad at all. Recall from the last two years we’ve been through, it could be hard without knowing which way to go, what is like tomorrow. But when know the tough time is temporary, and after mountain, it is river, after river, it is express way. And we know for sure after fog, it is going to be sunshine.

The color of the leave was not in its peak yet. May be it was too early, or maybe it was relatively warm. The visitors guide says the best way to see the spectacular things in the Pennsylvania wilds is to just sit back and enjoy the ride. It was such a pleasure to drive long hours, get an eyeful of color of the fall forest.

I was mostly shocked by the scenic overlooks of Kinzua Viaduct. The Bridge was topped by a tornado in 2003, and 11 of its 20 towers were damaged. I was stunned by the power of nature, and the power of human miracle of this amazing engineering project. The combination of half down bridge with changing color at the background had such impact on me; I was speechless with the unique beauty that I never found in anywhere else.

An old gentleman stood by me also overlooked at the bridge. He voluntarily gave us additional info on the surrounding story. He was grown up in the area, and has kin nearby. Every year he comes here to enjoy the scenery few times since he was a boy, and he still does that with his boys. Talked about how it looked when the train ran through the bridge, how the mountain color change from green to red, and how the wind lifted the tower and thrown it down. He just couldn’t stop talking. I could feel how much he loves the land with all his heart. I mean, who won't, with this wonder of creator.

Well, part of the fun for this trip is to “pick up cabbage leaves”, and I have to give explanation of this expression to my son. A generation like us, born in 60s, and grown in 70s, we all have lived poor era, and at the end of day, by spending little money, to pick seem-eatable leave from old rotten vegetables at grocery market was part of our daily lives. Now somehow we cannot live without this pleasure, so shopping from fashion clearance served the same satisfaction.

After shopping, we have gathered at the cozy lobby room for a light drink. Not just small talk, we also share with each other what we can think of the best thing happened this year that we should give thanks to the GOD.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

• Private tutor
  • Is this a good sign?
  • Zwilling - Watch your finger
  • 八班同学逸事
  • 臭鼬来访
  • 所有跟帖: 

这不是旅游吃喝团吗? - Good job! -Muttontown- 给 Muttontown 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/15/2011 postreply 17:50:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”