游山记:我说,他说,她说(1)― 世界上最大的树

来源: 圈外闲人 2011-07-08 01:08:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6904 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 圈外闲人 ] 在 2011-07-10 19:43:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

说:
夏天来了,学校放暑假了,我们全家出动,游一游加州的青山绿水。第一站是红杉树和国王峡谷国家公园,其实这是两个公园,并排于Sierra Nevada山脉的南部,以及San Joaquin河谷的东侧。我们在两个公园中穿行,饱览了雄伟的大山、崎岖的山麓、幽深的峡谷和广阔的溶洞,还有闻名遐迩的巨型红杉树 ― 世界上最大的树!

儿子说:
Today we started on our vacation to Sequoia and Kings Canyon/Yosemite/San Jose Family Camp. It started with quite a boring drive to Fresno. The roads were curvy and the distance was long, making the car trip even longer. At Fresno, we went to Pho #2. The name was funny because there was a restaurant called Pho #1 in the same plaza. I felt the Pho was average; I actually like the Pho I had in San Francisco a lot more. Afterwards, we continued on the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. At the park, there were lots of Giant Sequoias, the largest trees in the world. The highlight of the forest we saw was the General Grant tree, the third largest tree in the world. The base of the tree was wider than a 3 lane highway. The other trees there were also wonders, as all of them were hundreds of years old and some over a thousand. That meant that the trees were alive before the Europeans ever discovered the continent.

On our way to the lodge, we saw the Kings River flowing by the road. The river’s flow is quite fast, apparently Class 5 level for water rafting. The white foam flowing down the river was quite captivating.

The lodge we are staying at tonight is more furnished than I expected for a National Park, albeit without a TV, minifridge, and microwave that are available in rooms in a typical hotels.

女儿说:
We started today to drive to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. I got the worst seat, which was next to an overstuffed seat full of blankets, provisions, pillows, and so on. (I could spend a whole minute explaining about how undignified it is to sit in such a seat, but I won’t.) The good thing was that I got a footrest, an armrest, and a headrest (my brother’s shoulder). We also ate at Pho #75. I had to sneak some noodles from my brother to avoid near starvation.

First, we went to a part of the forest. I don’t really know the name of that part, but I’ll just call it tree-forest. Anyways, we walked up the driveway to find the tree-forest. It was very tiring. I was pooped out before we even reached the trails. Mommy was taking pictures along the way and shouting at Daddy because she suspected that Daddy was going the wrong way and we were supposed to go on a trail. I also saw a teeny tiny river. Then I saw some chipmunks. They probably were carrying acorns in their mouths. Poor chipmunks. It must be a hard life, running and scampering from cars.

The next thing we saw in the parking lot was the cars. We could have driven all the way up here in no time. I still had to rest my sorry self, though. I think I accumulated 1 mosquito bite, 1 empty juice box, 4 dirty hair bands, 1 semi-dirty hairband, and 194 might-have-been-sun-burns-if-I-had-been-in-the-sun-any-longer. Basically, I was glad to see the parking lot.

My brother can tell you the rest while I toast marshmallows over a camp fire. Then maybe I’ll make some s’mores. Or maybe I’ll look at some trees. I think I’ll do that. Bye.

我们开始登山,其实是开车的道路,由于老公的错误决策,我们不但让费了体力,更是在车子的呼啸声中担惊受怕。不过景色不错,也算是不虚此行吧。
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

奇异的花

野树丛

巨型红杉树

树洞

树根

小木屋

山地森林

巨石

国王峡谷

国王河

所有跟帖: 

全家热爱大自然,真好! -lepton- 给 lepton 发送悄悄话 lepton 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 01:42:00

:) -圈外闲人- 给 圈外闲人 发送悄悄话 圈外闲人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 09:19:23

PK幾張 -- 世界上最高的樹, 最老的樹, 最..的樹 -似曾相識- 给 似曾相識 发送悄悄话 似曾相識 的博客首页 (988 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 09:59:55

非常漂亮! -圈外闲人- 给 圈外闲人 发送悄悄话 圈外闲人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 11:59:29

这样的全家游真好!那个奇异的花太奇特了。 -陈默- 给 陈默 发送悄悄话 陈默 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 18:11:26

嘿嘿,就是不知道花名。 -圈外闲人- 给 圈外闲人 发送悄悄话 圈外闲人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 12:00:24

好! -嘉崚子- 给 嘉崚子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 11:15:29

周末好! -圈外闲人- 给 圈外闲人 发送悄悄话 圈外闲人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 12:00:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”