Indians do think they are the second, the first goes to USA

来源: chengxing 2005-11-24 15:06:38 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1900 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ chengxing ] 在 2005-11-25 19:53:58 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
When leaving Bodhgaya, I made a deal with a tour company to hire a car with a driver and a tour guide. The guide was a handsome young man and the driver was a very quite person. It should be a pleasure trip back to Rajgir, from where I can take train back to Calcutta. It turned out to be a funny trip. I really got shocked quite a few times. My guide was from an up class, he told me that in his first few sentences. His proud showed up from beginning, but I don't know if it did last to the end.
I was really surprised when he told me that India is the second largest country in the world. "Do you mean population?" I asked. "No, I mean the land" he said. "What about Russia, Canada and China?" "No, No, No, USA is the biggest country in the world and India is the second largest" "From where do you learn about this?" I cannot help to be shocked. This young man from the up Indian class thinks that his country is the second largest in the world and the USA is the biggest one. "Our teacher told us in the school" he answered. I am speechless. What kind of teacher is this?
He was keeping showing up his up-class. I am really not interested. When it was lunch time, I discussed with him that we can eat separately since I was not obliged to pay their lunch. I know that a lunch in India cost nothing. Besides I really want to be quite for sometime instead of listening his nonsense. It turned out to be a big mistake since this guy did not buy any drink for the poor driver when it was over 45C on the road. It was too late when I realized it, the car hit a tree. I was safe, so was the driver, but the guide got hurt and was bleeding. I found the closed shop to get a few bottles of water; the driver finished one bottle within few seconds. I paid the guide quite some US$ but he did not even get some water for the driver. I can only blame myself, what can I say?
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”