Sorry for joining the late discussion, here is my 15 years boy t

来源: kmjgee 2010-06-10 22:45:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5321 bytes)
I had the exact same thought back in 15 years ago. First of all, we also love to travel ourselves. In fact, we did travel to many of the following places before our only son was born. so we made these trips again for the second time. Now, after 15 years had passed, we see that some of my son’ traveling experience influenced him a lot during childhood’s growth and actually helped boost his academics in school as well.

We started traveling with our son at the age of 4 to Canada West coast ( Vancouver , Victoria , BC). Surprisingly, he still can remember certain things such as
the Totem Poles in Stanley Park and Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC.

5 years old (Year 2000), Beginning of the year: Japan ( Tokyo , Yokohama ), Hong Kong , Thailand ( Bangkok , Pattaya).
At the end of the year: Europe, I like to talk about some of his experience in central Europe: He focused mainly on some interesting things which was attracted to his attention at that age; He witnessed the London Bridge, which related to the song that he sang at the time: “London Bridge is falling down, falling down...”; He climbed up the Eiffel Tower; He laughed at “Manneken Pis," a famous status of a small boy urinating in Brussels; The impression of the famous paining “Mona Lisa” in Louvre museum had some impact on his motivation for learning painting for two years later on. The greatest impression to us was when a lady who walked with a dog crossing the famous “ Chapel Bridge ” in Lucerne , he shutout “no dogs allowed.” We were wondering how he knew the message; he showed us an unnoticeable small sign which was marked under the steps of the bridge. Only a small fellow like him was able to see it (he was the 1st grader during that time). Meanwhile, he brought a small toy there that he still holds as a companion when he sleeps even today.

6 years old à traveled a couple Hawaii islands where he learned to swim the first time. He had a very good time there.

7 years à China ( Beijing , Shanghai , Suzhou , and Hangzhou ) visited Wuxi Forbidden City and he climbed up to Great Wall faster than us. He had explored and learned the Chinese culture. Two years later, as I have learned Chinese for 4 years in US, he wrote about that trip as an article and posted in children’s section of the Sing Tao Chinese News paper.

8 years old à traveled to east coast of US and Canada ( New York, Washington , Philadelphia , Boston , Niagara Falls, Toronto , Montreal and Quebec ) where he actually utilized these traveling experiences especially for his history and government classes later on.

9 years old à a 5 days trip (Los Angles, Las Vegas , Yosemite National park , Grand Canyon National Park ) He gained some of geographic knowledge and played a lot of activity and entertained on the trip.

10 years à trip to Cancun , Mexico . The trip was purely relaxation & pleasure; he enjoyed the soft white sand and crystal clear water.

11 years à 7 days trip to Yellowstone National Park and most of western states. He gained more earth science knowledge during this trip.
廣東省 (Hong Kong, Macau , 广州, 深圳, 珠海, 台山, 江门, 中山, 顺德, 佛山) this was so call “尋根之旅”. We had also traveled Taiwan
as well since he has many Taiwanese classmate in us. Again, he wrote a this trip article with more matured manner and posted in children’s
section of the Chinese News paper.

12 year à no traveling plan was made for the year

13 years old (2008 year) à Mediterranean Cruise ( Istanbul , Ephesus , Athens , Dubrovnik , Venice , Naple, Rome and Barcelona ) this classic route
was covered on time for what he had just completed from the Ancient Civilization to Medieval period of world history at 2nd middle high.
he regrets that he had sacrificed one week on regular school days.

14 years old (2009 year) à Northern Europe (Baltic Capitals ) cruise ( London , Copenhagen , Berlin , Tallinn , St Peter*****urg ,Helstinkt, Stockholm )
A prefect route for him to “preview” the AP modern history class before he will take it in the sophomore high school year.
15 years (2010 year) old and beyond à Planning to travel either Australia or South America (cruise) for the coming years.
Regardless of whether he is still willing to travel with us or not for a moment, I realize that he is busying for his high school
academic workload at this age, thus, I can’t arrange any trip in summer time due the schedule conflicts, since he will take the summer camp program or SAT I/II classes, the winter-break may be the only time frame available, perhaps I consider the Australia since there will be summer time.
but that is still uncertainty. It is getting tougher to arrange any trip for my son during his school years. Anyways, we have been luckily and fulfilled our own desire to bring my son traveling with us for all these years and that has brought us for so many unforgettable memories for ever.
By the ways, we appreciate that everyone has shared the traveling experience at this website and we grained a lot of it.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”