Rule 240 - shouldn't this NW

来源: Lvtotravel 2005-07-30 22:07:10 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1910 bytes)
delay be governed by Rule 240 since it is mechanical delay ? NW has the responsibility to confirm you on the OTHER airlines to get you to your destination should the delay is longer than X hours (usually 4 to 6) NW should have the description on its website.

AA is pretty good about that - in a delay this magnitude (does not happen much on AA) they send 8K to 10K frequent flyer miles to people's accounts as a courtesy.

I am surprised NW did not do anything for the passengers as you did not mention any meal vouchers etc.

When my brother was in a position required frequent travel to China a few years ago, NW is the ONLY American carrier that offer direct flight from US to Beijing - one time it took him 3 DAYS to get from Austin to Beijing via Detroit ... The delays were so often ...

I try my best to fly only AA, and occasionally CO / UA (which is still in bankruptcy, and DL is not far behind) Anytime I got stuck with other carriers than AA, I would make sure my miles go to AS - Alaska - AS has partnered with everyone and AS just ordered a few new planes from Boeing, so we know AS is here to stay ...

Rule 240 basics

Rule 240 applies only to delays that are absolutely the airline's fault, such as the mechanical problems. It does not apply to what the airlines call "force majeure" events, which include weather, strikes, or other occurrences that the airlines say they cannot control.

When a Rule 240 incident occurs, the airline must do everything in its power to get you to your final destination within a two-hour span. Airlines typically try to confirm you on their next available flight to your destination. Under the rule, the flight must be in the same or higher class, at no additional cost to you. If this is not available or acceptable to you, the airline will confirm you on the next available flight on a different airline.

所有跟帖: 

他们还是做了一些补救 -顾剑- 给 顾剑 发送悄悄话 顾剑 的博客首页 (207 bytes) () 07/30/2005 postreply 23:20:22

NW cheated -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (1365 bytes) () 07/31/2005 postreply 16:01:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”