订购链接里都是英文

来源: 冬梦 2009-06-11 13:23:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3349 bytes)
回答: 谢尤勤的书集 ZT小米和小麦2009-06-10 19:01:55
http://www.directron.com/xie.html

"Trekking Amercan West" - A Photographic Book by Y. E. Xie

Preface

This book was written with friends.

Never did I imagine that photography, together with Internet, would have allowed me to make so many friends all around the world. I can honestly say that without them there would not be this book. In the last two years most of my photography works were posted on wenxuecity.com, Photo.net, nphoto.net, photosalonLA.org, and shadowycave.com. I thank everyone with all my heart for their support, encouragement and critiques. The best part of this book is a collection of assays and poems written by these friends.

I am forever indebted to my family and friends.

May 10, 2009, St. Jude Medical Center, Fullerton, CA

-------------

I am totally enamored with the rich culture, fantastic history and spectacular landscape of American West. I have spent years trekking the vast desert of this region, not only to enjoy the dream-like beauty of great expansion while often intoxicated by the sights of numerous natural wonders but also to find ways to articulate my deep appreciation for the endless supply of inspiration offered so generously by the land.

My idea of photography has less to do with recording scenery in its faithful manner but more to bring out the abstract aspect of Nature and its splendors. To me, every scene has its unique inner richness together with some outer characteristics. The mystic of American West is multifaceted, filled with out-of-this-worldly geological patterns and unfathomable geometry of shapes and forms. I'm often totally mesmerized by the never-ending variety and rare perfection of lights, colors, patterns, texture, and structures. Thus I have become driven in search of such marvelous elements to harness the great harmony of this inspirational coexistence. A moment spent there can be ever so deeply moving as unexpected lights come on all of a sudden, lighting up the world around me unannounced, in absolute silence. An inspiration strikes me like lightning - that's the time I do my best work in close contact with light never seen before in my life.

Of all the things in the world, I favor vast and open landscape the most, especially the land that has been long deserted and utterly soundless; this, by the way, is exactly what the wild American West is about. Such a fantastic loneliness gives birth to the freedom of the uninhibited kind to a heart. To me, the attraction is unresistable, always providing a treasured escape from the noise and trivia of the human world. Once there, I can't help but to express my heart-felt relief and joy with my camera. In my opinion, landscape photography shouldn't be limited to the capture and interpretation of natural beauty alone; instead, it offers an opportunity to pour one's heart out for Mother Nature.

The best form of beauty only exists in nature. As a landscape photographer, I try my best to record such scenery in my works, with uttermost honesty. I try to capture those perfect moments to express my understanding of photography and my deep appreciation of beauty. Of course I wish my viewers could resonate with me in love with the wondrous and one-of-its-kind quality this stunningly beautiful land offers to us all.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”