very local, add my 2 local cents here.

来源: abc2001 2008-10-25 08:57:49 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1840 bytes)
make contribution to the forum.

Steak: think you mention Peter Lugas (hope i did not spell it wrong). called the best steak house in the city, actually in Brooklyn. but heard reservation takes only 1 month earlier, that is why I have never been there. no clue of my schedule 30 days later anyway.

Lex/E49st, another steak house Smith& wollensky. old clubby type, not my particular style, but do have to go their with freinds coming from China, HK, etc. this is the place every yr warren Buffett lunchs with that winner who bids for lunchtime with him in NYC. also if you read/watch the devil wears prada, haha, the steakhouse the girl order and take steak lunch for her devil boss. as in the novel, that magazine is located 60s and lex.

Union square is nice and lazy. if good weather, you can find and watch all kinds of activity there. a famous movie director used to study in NYU, always skipped class and play chess there hours with strangers :-)

Met and Carnegie,is the place if you are classic type of person. But agree Egyptian and other section, if you have ever been to other great museums int he world, Met is not so impressive any more.

MOMA: even you may not like some of its exhibitions, MoMA still offers some interesting stuff, worth your time. I watched the 1st ever made movie in China there, Ding Jun Shan.

BTW, if you out of Moma the north side exit, cross the street is the shoe store, small, like a gem hidden in that street, Manolo Blahnik, if you watch sex and city, you know what i am talking abt.

Church, St. Barts, on e49/Park. it also has an outdoor bar, very nice place. when Song Meiling lived in NYC eastside, its her church. also it held memorial for her aft she passed away.

and more... NYC is such a treasury hunting place, even for locals.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”