erdong好,回你下面的帖子

来源: 2008-02-11 06:39:55 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
If initially I still want to go to India after reading all about it (I was just very concerned), that bit of interest was almost all lost after dealing with the vice consulate of India embassy in Chicago in person. The way he openly discriminate Chinese is disgusting. I never realized the memory of the war between China and India in 1962 is still so fresh in some Indian's mind until then. Some Indians hate Chinese like Chinese hate Japanese.

Yeah, maybe a little regretful but not much. I look at it this way. There are plenty of other interesting places in the world that I'd like to go but maynot make them all during my life time. Besides, I absolutely HATE dealing with dishonest people!!! India will be a nightmare for me if I ever go.

BTW, India is the worst place for travellers as far as health concerns. I had at least $1000 shots to prevent diseaes caused by dirty food and water. I didn't even take shots to prevent diseases caused by mosquito etc since I was preparing to go to Bangalore. My arm maynot be long enough to take all the shots needed to go to rural area :)