I think the truth is that most people here

来源: 2019-08-16 17:03:40 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

don't really understand western culture even though most of you think you do. But you don't. I know this because I realized that most of you don't understand Chinese culture. How can a Chinese person without understanding his/her culture understand western culture?

If you have asian friends or old enough children who came to the western world, typically U.S. or Canada in younger age (say, before 12 or 15), then they will tell you better how westerners percieve this world. To put it simple: They think it is their world. China, if "good" enough, they issue you a membership into thier club. But this world is their world, it is their club. This is beyond any ideology or political entitis. I term this "the dignity of the west".

Some of you are confident enough to challenge " the Power of the west" (say, the Maoist) while more of you are not even capable of that. Yet very few of you (perhaps none, save the few like myself) are challenging "the dignity of the west". Likely most of you are not even aware of the existence of this issue. But this is a consequence of Chinese modern history, since May 4th movement, a denial of our own culture and history. Most Chinese people do submit themselves to western culture with or without realizing it.

Just litsen to the voices of the HK protesters and those of the westerners involved, all speaking of the same thing "the dignity of the west", which is the gravition that accelates everything and keeps putting energy into it.