Palo Alto High上次學生自殺是在2007年,今年三個都是Gunn High.

来源: formosan 2009-06-16 17:33:42 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2350 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ formosan ] 在 2011-01-08 08:16:39 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
June 06, 2009
Suicides, Surprise And Sadness in Palo Alto

At a time which would normally be filled with Graduation excitement, many local parents and teens in the Palo Alto/Bay Area are feeling a deep sense of sadness and surprise that teens are taking their lives by suicide. On Thursday a boy tried to commit suicide at the SAME train tracks two teens recently killed themselves. All three students went to Gunn Highschool.

Comments
I went to Palo Alto Highschool and my brother to Gunn in the 1980's. I called my brother today to ask him if he remembered any suicides at Gunn, he said there was one suicide that he knew of. I could not remember any suicides when I went to Palo Alto Highschool. We both felt so sad that this was happening in our childhood schools, but we could not figure out why a teenager would commit suicide. We know that depression can be overwhelming and teens are compulsive. But why suicide?

High school student attempts suicide, lives
Teen jumped off overpass to U.S. Highway 101

A student from a high school in Palo Alto jumped off the San Antonio Road overpass to U.S. Highway 101 this morning, landing in the freeway. The student was attempting to commit suicide, police Sgt. Sandra Brown said.

The boy was later reported to have suffered two broken arms and had facial lacerations, Brown said.

The student rode his bike to the overpass and then jumped at 10:59 a.m., Brown said. He landed in a traffic lane but was not hit by a car. Instead, a motorist stopped in front of him and pulled him to safety at the side of the road.

The boy was bleeding from his head but was conscious, Brown said. He is being treated for his injuries at Stanford Hospital.

Police are not disclosing the boy's name or where he goes to school, except that it is a high school in Palo Alto.

Posted by Paly Parent, a member of the Palo Alto High School community, on Sep 28, 2007 at 4:32 pm

This is so sad and very scary. My thoughts go out to his family and prayers for a safe recovery. Please let him get the help he needs.

My daughter is in the Paly class of 2006, which had two suicides during their high school years.

This is something that affects the whole community in the school, parents, students and staff. God Bless you all.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”