邻居在Talbot's购物时遇到的事儿

来源: 2022-03-16 12:27:26 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

这周我的邻居去Talbot's 逛店为的是买裤子。 她以前体重138磅,穿12码的裤子。由于生病,她减到了116磅,所以她选择了10和8码的牛仔裤,而没有选择12码。一位女售货员建议她需要穿6甚至4码的,因为10和8码会穿着不合身,显大。因此,她决定试穿6码的牛仔裤。令她惊讶的是,6码非常适合她。她很高兴,买了两条6码的。她向她的丈夫炫耀说她现在是6码的身材了。然而,她却对能穿6码的裤子持怀疑态度。 回到家后,她拿出了3条以前穿的10码牛仔裤,仔细地跟新买的6码牛仔裤比较了腰围。她发现新买的两条6码牛仔裤都和10码腰身一样。通过这次经历,她认为自己被新的销售噱头给“愚弄”了。而且,她觉得Talbot's这样对她,让她感觉到愚蠢,甚至有点儿气愤。

以下三点是我认为的:

1. 它被称为虚荣尺码。当女性觉得自己的体型较小时,她们会感觉比较好。

2. 不光是商店,每个制造商的尺寸都不同。不管生活中还是制造商让我们觉得自己被愚弄后像个傻瓜,或是象个愚蠢的东西,但这就是生活。

3. 关注你的感受,而不是标签上的虚假数字。我希望她感觉健康、坚强和快乐。

My neighbor shopped at Talbot's for pants this week. She used to weigh 138 lbs and wore size 12. Due to illness, she is down to 116 lbs, so she took size 10 and size 8 jeans instead of size 12. A saleswoman suggested that she needed to wear size 6 or even size 4 because the size 10 and 8 would swim on her. Therefore, she decided to try a size 6 jean. Well to her surprise, it fits her perfectly. She was delighted and bought two pairs of jeans in size 6. She even boasted to her husband that she was now a size 6; however, she was slightly skeptical about how this was possible. At home, she took 3 pairs of her jeans in size 10 and carefully compared the waist measurements. She realized that she newly purchased two jeans in size 6 were exactly matched those in size 10. As the result, she thought she had been“fooled”by a new sales gimmick. Moreover, she felt foolish and even a little angry that Talbot's would do that to her.

The following three points are my views on this thing:

1. It's called vanity sizing. It makes women feel better when they feel they are in a smaller size.

2. It's not the store. Every manufacturer's size runs different. Whether it's just life or something with manufacturer to make us feel like a fool or dumb. But it is just life.

3. Focus on how you feel, not the bogus number on the tag. I hope she is feeling healthy, strong and happy.

更多我的博客文章>>>