Who is she ? (图)

来源: 发表新新主题 2009-04-19 01:45:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8187 bytes)

She was miserable after she married Singapore opposition politician Tan Lead Shake. She had no friends here and had problems adjusting to her new life. To make things worse, Wu felt her mother-in-law favoured her sister-in-law, Madam Huang Mei Zhe, 36, who was married to her hu*****and's younger brother. Consumed by jealousy and resentment, she snapped on 28 Jun last year. Around 5.30am, Wu crept into the couple's bedroom and stabbed Madam Huang, who is also a Chinese national. She then turned the knife on her brother-in-law, Mr Tan Lead Sane, 33, a computer engineer. He died shortly after. Madam Huang, who suffered a stab wound to her neck and cuts on her chin, survived. Yesterday, Wu pleaded guilty to one charge of manslaughter and another charge of attempted manslaughter. A third charge of voluntarily causing hurt to her mother-in-law, Madam Ng Bee Hion, 63, will be taken into consideration during sentencing. Court documents showed that Wu left her family and friends in her hometown, Putian, Fujian province, and came to Singapore in 2001, when she was only 19. Before that, she studied at a vocational school, which she enjoyed. But she had to quit school because of her family's financial difficulties. Short-lived happiness Wu worked as a telephone operator and was happy in her job. But her time there was short-lived as her parents were arranging to marry her off to a Singaporean. Mr Tan Soo Phuan, 73, the former chairman of the Democratic Progressive Party, had proposed the marriage to his son in 2001. He was also from Putian and had gone there to scout for a daughter-in-law. Wu, the second of three children, was reluctant to give up her job. She had developed a close relationship with a colleague who was interested in her. Wu confided in her mother that she had doubts about an arranged marriage and said she was not keen to marry Mr Tan Lead Shake, a senior network administrator. She also told the elder Mr Tan that she did not wish to marry his son. But all this fell on deaf ears. The Tans had paid her dowry and Wu had no choice but to go ahead with the arrangement. Later that year, she flew to Singapore and moved in with the Tans. A psychiatric report by Dr George Joseph Fernandez from the Institute of Mental Health stated that Wu found life meaningless when she first got here. Wu told Dr Fernandez: '(I felt that) all the people in the world had left me. (I) lost interest in everything. Life had become meaningless.' She was not accustomed to her life here. She could not adapt to the food, had difficulties communicating in English and had no friends. She was sad, tearful and had suicidal thoughts. Six months after arriving, she married Mr Tan, who was nicknamed the 'Slipper Man' after he showed up in slippers on Nomination Day for the 1997 general election. Wu's family was not invited to the wedding. The reason was not mentioned in court papers. The couple lived in a two-storey bungalow on Paya Lebar Crescent, together with her parents-in-law, her elder brother-in-law, Mr Tan Lead Hand, who is single, and Mr Tan Lead Sane and his wife. Wu's role was to do the housework and subsequently to look after her children - a son, 5, and a daughter, 3. She did not get along well with her mother-in-law. She felt she was treated differently and was jealous of Madam Huang. She told Dr Fernandez: 'I hated to stay at home. I'm very unhappy there. 'People at home make me unhappy. (My) mother-in-law and sister-in-law are very calculative. They say things to hurt me.' When asked, her hu*****and told Dr Fernandez that he also felt it was true that his mother favoured Madam Huang. Wu returned to China four times during her seven years here, staying for a few months each time. She made the first trip with her hu*****and and their son, who was then 7 months old. Wu stayed with her family, who noticed that she was unhappy. She made a second trip in November 2004, and said her real purpose in doing so was to escape from the Tan family. Wu's father told Dr Fernandez that the family noticed the change in her behaviour. She had lost weight and became more hot-tempered. She did not go out much and even her friends there commented on how she had changed. Wu said: 'I felt unhappy. I felt my jealousy getting worse. My mother-in-law nagged at me almost daily. 'When (my) mother-in-law and sister-in-law returned from work, I would get anxious. I felt they were going to scold me.' Wu returned to Singapore in January 2005. But three months later, she quietly packed her bags and flew back to China with their son. She did not inform her hu*****and, and when her father found out about it, he scolded her. This time, her change in behaviour was more drastic. Wu became easily irritable and lost even more weight. She would cry whenever her mother-in-law was mentioned and she refused to go out with her friends. Wu also had difficulties sleeping and wanted her mother to sleep with her because she was scared. She stayed in China for almost 41/2 months before returning. When she finally came back, she asked her mother to accompany her to Singapore. Wu said it was because she 'can't survive any more'. Her mother came twice, once for 45 days and the second, for 11 months. Meanwhile, Madam Huang got pregnant and her own mother came from China to help her out. Wu's jealousy festered. She told Dr Fernandez: 'Everything for her (Madam Huang) is smooth. Nothing was going well for me. My hu*****and was cold to me. 'Everything done by them made me jealous. I live in jealousy.' Wu last went back to China in July 2007, for six months. She complained of aches and pains in her body, had gastric problems and felt very tired. She also developed the odd idea that she was suffering from cancer and that she would not recover. Wu went to see various doctors, who reassured her that she was not ill. One of them recommended that she see a psychiatrist, but she did not do so. After she returned to Singapore, her hu*****and said she became tearful and was quieter. But he added that when she got angry, she was 'like a volcano'. Then, in June last year, Wu bought a fruit knife, intending to use it to hurt Madam Huang or Mr Tan Lead Sane. By then, her jealousy towards the couple was reaching boiling point. 'When I look at them, I get jealous. I feel like hurting them,' she said. 'I couldn't bear that their family was so happy, while I was unable to enjoy. All did not treat me well. My life was worth nothing.' Dr Fernandez diagnosed Wu to be suffering from major depression. This qualified her for the defence of diminished responsibility. Her original charges of murder and attempted murder were reduced as a result. Her father, Mr Wu Jin Chi, 57, a farmer, and his son-in-law arrived from Putian on Tuesday night and were in court yesterday to support Wu. Mr Wu told The New Paper that she had been writing to them regularly since she was arrested. 'Every month, she would write two letters - one to us and the other to her children,' he said. 'She told us to take care of ourselves and not to worry for her. She also said that she misses her two children a lot.' Wu told her father that her hu*****and had visited her in prison twice, but he did not turn up yesterday. His mother and Madam Huang did show up and sat in the row in front of Wu's family. Before the proceedings started, Madam Huang turned around and scolded them, accusing them of breaking up her family. For manslaughter, Wu can be jailed for life. For attempted manslaughter, Wu can be jailed 15 years.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”