You can blame the whole world for the way it is

来源: 2012-04-05 13:47:12 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

You can blame the whole world for the way it is, but it doesn't help your English study. I can start by blaming myself for getting myself born in a small little town in China, instead of Beijing or Shanghai where I could have got a better foundation for pronunciation. I can blame my middle school English teacher for starting my English on the wrong track, teaching me all the grammars and not pronunciation. I can then blame my college teachers for strengthening my bad habits instead of correcting them. I can also blame all my American friends I met in the US for being nice and not pointing out my pronunciation problems. Hell, maybe I can even sue them according to your logic. Haha. But does it help with my current pronunciation? Nope!  And there are people that have never been to the US but can speak better English than we do, who do they have to blame?
If you read the article carefully, this is actually exactly the kind of Negativity we need to block from us. “Applied to learning English, it means wondering what YOU can do, right now, to make things better. It also means not letting any limiting belief or negativity block your way.”
Also, this also shows the importance of “listening”, not jumping into conclusions before you fully understand it.  I am not treating this book as a bible or anything, nor am I defending it. But that’s all I want to say.