By Ricky, you mean Prince of Travel, the Canadian Chinese?

来源: 2023-02-05 21:16:55 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

住在加拿大的北京小伙子? 他做得很好

https://princeoftravel.com/about/

I follow his blog since a few years ago when he was still holding a job while building the blog.  He is smart to develop the blog which aims to the Canadian audience, with not many competitors like in the US.

Ricky grows his business following the model of "Lucky", Ben of the One Mile At A Time.  Ben started his career when he frequented Flyer Talk.  His handle was like Luckycoinxxxxx  something like that, and was still in school... 

Ricky has the same philosopy on award travel as mine - One day he said he finally realized it, the miles and points are primarily used to LIFT UP the quality of travel,  NOT for free travel.  That was about a year and a half before he finally quit his job and devoted full time on his blog.  I am glad to see he succeeded, the same way as Lucky - make a good living by doing something they most enjoy doing.

Many people who started this just think about "free" travel - There is NO free travel because the spend you use to cumulate funny currencies, can also earn you a 2% cash rebate - but the funny currencies would make your trips much nicer, much more enjoyable, and worth a whole lot more than 2% return on your spend...