Light and Shadow-21 On the half shaded street 一半一半作为结尾

来源: 颤音 2023-07-03 14:38:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3105 bytes)

On the half-shaded street

On the half-shaded street

sunlight draws a line on the pebble stones

Wait for the green crossing light

YOU on the south end in the shadow

I on the north end in the light

Impatiently, our eyes scan the street and greet

where light and shadow meet

in the street shallow and hollow

Fulfilling our initial wish, the crossing light turns green

Hesitantly, I start walking into the growing shadow

and YOU into the dying light

GPT

"On the half-shaded street" is a brief yet evocative poem that explores themes of separation, contrast, and fleeting moments. The poet uses imagery and symbolism to create a vivid scene that captures the emotional and psychological state of the two characters involved.

The title itself, "On the half-shaded street," sets the tone for the entire poem, suggesting a place that lies between light and shadow, symbolizing the liminal space where the two characters find themselves.

The first stanza introduces the setting where the sunlight creates a visual boundary, drawing a line on the pebble stones. This image of light and shadow hints at the duality present throughout the poem.

The second stanza brings attention to the characters, "YOU" and "I," standing at opposite ends of the street, one in the shadow and the other in the light. This positioning emphasizes the physical distance between them but also suggests a deeper emotional separation.

The third stanza portrays the impatience shared by both characters as they scan the street, eager to cross over to the other side. This sense of urgency implies a desire to be together, despite their present circumstances.

The fourth stanza beautifully captures the moment when their eyes meet at the boundary between light and shadow, symbolizing a moment of connection and unity despite their contrasting positions.

In the fifth stanza, the crossing light finally turns green, fulfilling their initial wish to meet each other. However, the use of "Hesitantly" suggests a hesitation or reluctance to proceed, perhaps due to uncertainty or fear of change.

The poem concludes with the characters taking their respective steps, "I start walking into the growing shadow, and YOU into the dying light." This closing image further emphasizes the contrasting nature of their paths and the bittersweet nature of their encounter.

Overall, "On the half-shaded street" is a poignant poem that explores the themes of separation, longing, and the transient nature of connections. The use of light and shadow as symbols adds depth to the emotional landscape of the characters and the situation they find themselves in. The poem leaves the reader with a sense of unresolved tension and a reflection on the complexities of human relationships and the fleeting moments of connection we experience.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”